what other smartphones have good batttery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensarecool, Apr 21, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The Razer Maxx is supposed to have the best battery life. It's not just talk either, IME.

3. Timzer macrumors 6502

4. mrbutters macrumors regular

I have the Razr Maxx. Its battery lasts twice as long as my 4s and thats running on LTE. Great device.

5. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i was actually considering that > iphone 5 if batteyr life was good. i was mirin the asthetics and nice screen

would the maxx be a phone that's relevent for a decent amount of time?

6. Gav2k, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The comparison is only valid if your battery is non removable. Otherwise battery life really dosnt matter. For me my iPhones battery life isn't overly important with charging available where ever I go!

7. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

It's only claim to fame is the large battery. It's a dual core 45nm that's going to be outdated very soon by 45nm Tegra 3 and 28nm Krait S4.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I certainly don't think so. Just because a battery is removable doesn't mean the owner wants to have to carry a spare around. I know there are people that do that, but I would think they are in the minority.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You really think the average consumer cares about what processer it has? I bet you most people that bought the 4S dont even know what dual core means.

10. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

how much would a good price on a maxx cost, i just wanna try an android

11. mrbutters macrumors regular

Exactly. Speed tests and benchmarks are for tech spec nerds and have about zero relevance in real world uses. I had the Galaxy Nexus for a few days and did real world tests in it with my Maxx. The Galaxy has a "superior" processor and beat the Maxx easily in all the benchmarks but big deal. Opening web pages, loading Youtube videos, launching apps...it was all the same for the most part. My Maxx actually loaded some webpages faster and got a few Netflix streams running faster. Your average customer doesn't care about processing speeds and benchmarks. What they do care about is battery life, build quality and how their phone works. The Maxx easily beats out current Samsung and HTC devices in battery life and build quality and one could also argue Blur is much more useful and less obtrusive than Sense and TouchWiz.

----------

You can get them for like $150 on Amazon I believe. Sucks cause I paid $300 at Verizon.

12. qwerty123123 macrumors newbie

i heard samsung galaxy note have good battery life

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I would also say something that the average consumer buying a device for personal use cares about perhaps even more then those three things is whether or not the device is "in fashion" and their friends and/or famous people are using it. Mobile phones these days are very much fashion accessories.

14. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I don't think iPhone has the best battery life, mine drained about 46% battery overnight last night with all apps cleared out of the multitasking tray. All I got was 3 fb notifications during the night

15. Starfighter macrumors 6502a

Starfighter

I have a Nokia 5230 that's a couple of years old and it still doesn't need to be charged more than maybe once a week or less. I mostly use it for text messages and phonecalls but still.