What percentage of preorder purchasers have / haven't yet received a tracking number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob.S, Oct 10, 2011.

?

Have you received or obtained your tracking number(s) at this time?

Poll closed Oct 12, 2011.
  1. Yes, I have my tracking number(s)

24 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. No, I haven't been able to locate a tracking number yet

173 vote(s)
    85.6%
  3. I purchased multiple iPhones; I have tracking numbers for some, but not all

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Rob.S macrumors newbie

It seems that a fair percentage of purchasers have obtained tracking info for their 4S's at this time, but then again, there are also a goodly number of posters who have not and express concern that it seems nearly everyone has gotten tracking info but them ;) Of course, the latter are not alone, and things are still progressing, but it would be interesting to see the percentages at this time. Please vote and let us know if your iPhone(s) have been dispatched, to the best of your knowledge...

2. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I havent gotten tracking and the hold of a dollar/ 213 is gone from my checking account. Thoughts?

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

18% have not received a tracking number. No I don't have a source, it's just what I felt like throwing out there.

SERIOUSLY, you preorder guys are becoming obsessive freaks. I hope you don't stalk girls in the same manner.

4. ChimpNamedEnid macrumors member

I do.

5. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

The third option in this poll obfuscates any chance of us obtaining any relevant data.

6. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Same here

7. Rob.S thread starter macrumors newbie

OP here. I'm in the same boat. Preparing shipment, no tracking to be found yet, and the previously posted pre-authorizations for the iPhone and AppleCare+ have gone away. I do understand that the pre-auth's are only posted temporarily, so that does appear to be the norm.

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I would be willing to bet just a few total % have their tracking numbers now

9. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I just did a little googling...it seems like when iphone 4 came out this happened if you used a debit card..because they can only hold the funds for the 3 days...and you will be recharged upon shipping.

10. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Haven't yet, but on past launches, I haven't received ship notices until tue/wed. It still arrived on Friday.

11. Captain America macrumors 6502

Well today's now Tuesday and hopefully we see some....specifically mine, which I don't think I'm getting.

12. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

A little over 85% haven't receiving a shipping notice yet=not to worry.

13. Jswoosh macrumors member

Yeah I got my tracking number a few hours ago. Last time I checked Anchorage, Alaska yee!

14. 1zach4 macrumors regular

Not entirely true...I used a debit card and was charged the full amount for each phone on the 7th. No holds were placed and the funds are gone from my account

15. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

Perhaps it depends on your bank?

16. 1zach4 macrumors regular

Bank of America

17. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Wells Fargo on this end. It's been almost four days since ordering on my debit card. The charge is still pending on my account.

18. Rob.S thread starter macrumors newbie

Granted, the poll was just opened, and the sample is very small, but 89% no vs 11% yes does say a lot, I think... The numerous postings of users who already got their tracking info seemed (to me at least) to give the impression that it was a much larger percentage. It's some comfort to my OCD nature ;) that those without are by far in the majority at this point. Also, the possibility as others have pointed out, that a fair number of us have our units warehoused in the US already, our orders very much current and accounted-for, but if so, may not receive tracking numbers until the day before delivery :)

19. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'm female and only stalk hot, sexy men, thank you!

And no, no tracking here, yet.

20. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I use wells fargo too. Preordered around 4 AM and the funds were held all day. Checked again on Saturday and the hold was released.

21. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Hey there. :D

Hmmm...interesting.

22. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It was through AT&T btw

23. iZeeshan macrumors regular

I'm actually shocked by the results of this poll.

I thought it'd be skewed, but more towards the people already having the tracking numbers!

24. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Ohhh...I got mine through apple.com with Verizon.

25. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

i dont think anyone who ordered through verizon has received their tracking number yet.