What phone to buy (to sell) in place of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maxington, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Maxington macrumors 6502

So I am looking at switching from Verizon to the ATT and I was wondering if anyone knows of a phone to purchase as a place holder for the iPhone that I could potentially sell later on?

2. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

why dont you wait until the iPhone is released and buy that?

3. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

Not too many phones have good resale value. I'd just get a free one that you can use as a backup for the beach or other "dangerous for iPhone" situations.

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i would wait and find out if the iPhone is subsidized. no need in getting a free phone now and signing a contract if the iPhone is going to be indeed subsidized.
    you dont have much longer to wait and you have waited this long, plus you aren't getting an iphone until everyone else, once its released.

5. Maxington thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, excellent point about the subsidy.

What about deals for getting a phone for my wife she was looking at the Motorola V9 or Z9 whats the best place to get a deal on her phone...

The store I went to said the phone was $319 but online it's listed as $199...

6. iDagreed macrumors newbie

this country, what were you expecting, the moon?
    Nokia

i've been using nokias' for the past 5 years, and i really think they're good and easy to operate. also i've heard that nokia 5300+'s have a good music playing option and don't cost but only €250, which is something like $350

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

if you are really anxious to get her a phone now i guess you can, but you can also do it all at once when you get your iphone. i am not sure which phone would suit your wife's needs the best. what is she looking to do with it?

8. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I would say a Blackberry (Curve or Pearl, I think the 8800 is less commercial) would have the best resale value and be the easiest to sell.