What Plan To Get? No credit!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zachary825, Sep 25, 2012.

1. zachary825 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am planning on purchasing an iphone off contract.
    But the thing is, I never had a phone company like Verizon. I have had prepaid services.
    I heard that I have to have credit in order to sign up with one of the major carriers. If not, I have to pay a deposit.
    I dont want to pay 800 + a 500 deposit. What can I do?
    I was searching on other plans to get, like getting an unlocked phone on Virgin Mobile.
    BUT!!! I want to get 4G... Im paying that much for a phone I want to use it to the best extent I can. I cant seem to find any other prepaid services..
    Please help me.

2. RoGySerbia macrumors newbie

Cricket is getting very soon iPhone 5. Cricket is PRE-PAID SERVICE... Read more about it here... mycricket.com

3. zachary825 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I thought... but their service is really slow, and they dont even have 4g..
    Tmobile Im guessing I WOULD get their 4g Speeds because the iphone 5 is 4g????
    What about metro? Would I get their 4g LTE speeds?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No on either.
    You will need AT&T or Verizon to get true LTE speeds in the US.
    And if you cant open an account see if someone will sign up for you or join someones family plan. Its usually cheaper to add a line to a family plan than getting an individual plan. You just pay the additional monthly line fee and the data plan price.