What premium leather case are you going for, after that CalypsoCase mayhem?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheSacredSoul, Oct 27, 2014.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Decided to open a new thread to discuss possible alternatives to CC Cabrio.I am leaning towards Vaja. HardGraft is really nice (I've owned a sleeve for the iP5) but apparently the felt wool of the insides gets stuck where the glass meets the aluminium? Anyone can confirm?

Waiting for the Vaja Grip Silver to be out. Probably getting that. Really like the Grip LP but I do not like the two tone back. If it was like the regular Grip but just low profile, would have ordered it. What are you guys getting?

2. johnnilcru macrumors member

johnnilcru

I don't know for Calypso, but the hardgraft's felt gives a thick cushiony feel to the case. I personally opted for a Lucrin leather case - they use a microfibre interior which is much thinner.

3. rmbpuser macrumors 6502

i got a makr one, thats what i had on my 5 too. and i quite like it.

4. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Waiting for Vaja Grip Silver too, according to John from Vaja its supposed to go on sale this week… will be interesting to see what it looks like.

5. 4583568 Suspended

6. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice call on that Makr one. Looks good. Still holding out for the Vaja Grip Silver. Hope it's out this week as promised.

7. ValO macrumors 65816

I ordered a vaja agenda in bridge black leather on the inside and outside for my black iphone 6.
    Bridge leather looks and feels great!
    Don' t like the grip silver.
    I already worry too much about damaging my iphone.
    I don' t want to worry about damaging the silver trim. :)

8. Taco1933, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Is the grip LP really thinner? Just by looking at pictures, I thought the only difference was the two tone.

I've got a grip ordered, but it isn't in yet.

Edit: After a closer look, I see it now. I didn't make the connection between LP and low profile before, but it is just a hair smaller here and there.

9. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any idea when the Vaja Nuova Pelle for the iP6 be released? It is shown as coming soon.

10. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even Vaja is getting bashed for their CS in that other thread. Sigh. Hardgraft it is. Anyone own the Wild iPhone 6 case?

11. Lyn2012 macrumors regular

Is anyone considering this one?
    http://www.pielframa.com/iphone-6-plus-cases-color-black-1549-1.htm

12. 4583568 Suspended

I noticed that Bison Made rolled out their sleeve/wallet for iphone 6 plus: http://www.bisonmade.com/products/iphone-6-plus-wallet-in-jet-top-stitch/

Anyone have experience with them, or just plan to buy and post some pictures? I live in italy and it would be impractical to buy without knowing if it is a good product. They look nice though, especially the tan, cognac and black colors.

13. iMerik macrumors 6502

They look quite nice. I've had a bison leather wallet (not from this company) for ages and really like it. I might jump on this wallet sleeve.

14. 4583568 Suspended

Ah, perfect! If you decide to buy it, please post what you think. I really dig the colors and the look the sleeve, I am just worried that the hard graft all in one would be more versatile.

15. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Bison ones look really well made. But I've already ordered the HardGraft. Will post a review once I get it :)

16. Knliebe macrumors member

Received my Vaja Grip today in black/rosso. The case seems much more grey than black, and the interior rosso lining didnt appear to be glued down properly so I had to apply pressure to get it to stick.

17. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

My color isn't quite what was pictured either. It seems they have some problems with that. The quality of mine is top notch though.

18. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

Noreve makes a very nice flip case; I've owned a few in that style and have been happy with them. Their quality has always been nothing but consistent with lots of color and texture options. There are a few reviews up on YouTube.

I chose the "Tradition" leather; a pebbly texture in "Mimosa" with the "Or Maïa" interior. At $66.07, it's a bargain and less than half the price of a Calypso.

19. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Their customer service, however, has in the past been very similar to Vaja's & Calypso's at times--terrific if you don't need to use it, problematic if you do. (Personal experience back when they made Kindle2 covers--absolutely stunning when they finally arrived, but the situation with Calypso's slippery shipping times and excuses was reminiscent of dealing with Noreve...save that Noreve took nearly twice as long to finally ship as Calypso has. And friends who ran into quality problems with finished products have met with similar responses to Vaja's latest ones--which, BTW, their CS has been like that for years.)

Noreve's products are beautiful and most that I've seen have been very well made. Perhaps things are different now, but I can't say I'd ever trust their stated turnaround time again. And I'd be nervous as hell that I'd get the odd one out that needed replacing, because unless things have changed drastically, getting that kind of problem resolved could be a struggle.

I don't quite get why so many luxury leather accessories makers are so poor at customer service!

20. hamiltonrwatch macrumors regular

hamiltonrwatch

+1.

At the end of the day, CS is what it's all about for me. Fortunately, I've had a run of incredibly good luck with them but I know people who haven't. And the ones who haven't experienced everything you mentioned, and more:(

21. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I totally should not have gone to their site just now. Because naturally, they have cases to die for, including exactly what I want...and the colors I want are not in the "shipping in 24 hours category"! :D

Hmmm. Well, my 6 hasn't even shipped yet and I have an adequate non leather case already for now. Maybe we'll hear some success stories in the next month or so that make me feel more confident in dealing with them again. Or maybe I'll dig around and see if I can come up with a great deal of patience in case it's needed. LOL I did adore my Kindle case...once it finally arrived.

22. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

You guys should really consider Hard Graft. I believe they have all their cases in stock. I ordered on Monday, the case shipped out Tuesday via DHL. Expected delivery is Thursday. Shipping was GBP26 though.

I have not tested their CS unfortunately. I had a pre-sale enquiry about the wool lining getting suck inbetween the screen and the aluminium case of the 6 and they answered in 54 hours. Worth noting however that they do not accept returns of used goods, even if it was for less than a day. They only accept returns of unused products.

23. biatch0 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat as everyone else having made the "journey" of interest from Vaja, to Calypso, and back again. Unfortunately, most of the other manufacturers don't seem to make the "grip" type case (wallet/book is common) that I'm looking for, and the ones that do make the "grip" case, are either not quite what I'm looking for (design wise - like Noreve) or leather wise (tacky like Piel Frama).

I've decided to grab a Spigen Neo Hybrid (which is what I'm using on my 5S now) or something similar when I get my 6+ (should be today or tomorrow) and see if I still feel the urge to get a leather case after.

24. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Their stuff does look very nice. Unfortunately, I'm with biatch0...I prefer a grip case, as I tend to run around with a wallet wristlet already with a pocket for the phone, but have hand issues that can make hanging onto a slippery surface difficult. Worse yet, when it comes to accesories, I gravitate towards truly obnoxious shades of pink. Or purple. Which obviously limits my options as far as manufacturers go. :p

Given the choice between Noreve and Vaja, I'd pick Noreve in spite of my prior experience. I've just heard way too many bad CS stories about Vaja to ever trust them, and the case I would want from Noreve is a third cheaper anyway. But I too may just have to skip the leather altogether this time around.

25. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I myself prefer a grip case as I am always on the phone. But the lead time became a major turn off with other companies that offer the grip style leather case. Had to settle for the sleeve.