What Prepaid sim network in Florida is best? I have unlocked iPhone 4(UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by julianna1973, Feb 3, 2011.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Orange UK dont offer a set international plan so im thinking to pick up a prepay sim & just pay for data use & minimum talk mins. I have already spoken to AT&T but they say they dont offer a prepay micro sim! So whatever happens im gonna have to either buy a sim which is already cut(im sure some people will do this)or have a go doing it myself.

My only other option is to take prepaid wifi plan. BT Openzone offer an international voucher which covers a few wifi hotspots Boingo, iBAHN, T-Mobile USA, TeliaSonera HomeRun but I would like advice on how extensive the coverage is with them? Or is there a US company that offers a similar plan that includes them all?

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can get AT&T and just cut the sim to a micro (plenty of guides online). If you were to get T-Mobile, you wouldn't be getting 3G service.

Florida is nice right about now. No snow over here :D

3. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

If I get the sim before I get there so its ready to go, I dont want to waste time on my holiday trying to buy, cut then set up a plan. If i get one on ebay, either already cut or cut it myself, do I just phone up at&t or will they want to me to go into a store, but then they will see its an iphone & i have cut a sim.

Im a worrier in case you havent guessed

4. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Whoever you spoke to at AT&T was wrong. They sell micro sims, save yourself a lot of trouble and just walk into any AT&T store in the US and buy a go card. I was in and out of a store in 10 minutes. The minute you put the sim in you have instant cell access. You can later add text messaging and data as you would like.

I go to the States several times a year, I bought a $100.00 card and got a free micro sim. With this plan I have a year to use up the amount and get unlimited talk anywhere in the country for 3.00 a day (same deal now costs 2.00 a day). On days you don't use your phone you don't pay anything. Best of all you keep the same phone number.