What protection plan for your new iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thuchu1, Sep 15, 2012.

?

Which protection plan did you choose?

1. AppleCare+

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Best Buy/ATT/Verizon/etc. insurance plan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Online insurance company

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Just buying a nice sturdy case

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Naked (with lots of faith in myself)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. thuchu1 macrumors regular

thuchu1

I would like to know what option you chose to protect your iPhone in the event of a fatal accident. Having my iPhone with me all the time makes me too nervous to go unprotected, and using it in the field at work is just plain scary.

I used to have Geek Squad Black Tie Protection, which was nice with no limit to claims and no deductible, but having to use a loaner phone for 3-5 days really sucks.

This year I decided to go with Apple Care+ as the appeal of getting a new iPhone back right away at any Apple store is worth the $50 to me in the event I break it (although I would love to never have to use it).

What option did you choose?

2. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

I've had my iPhone for 2 years now and it's been fine, on and off between naked and a Speck case that Apple gave me as part of the Antennae thing.

Never had a screen protector on.

I guess some people need it more than others. I take good care of my phone and I see loads of my friends with smashed screens or backs, it' amazes me.

I would probably go with Apple Care if I were to use any, since I don't feel like paying £12 a month to some mobile insurance company I've never heard of.