What radio shows do you listen to? Or what stations?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G51989, May 14, 2014.

1. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

This is in here because I feel is will get very PRSI very quickly.

When I listen to the Radio I listen to two things

1: Local Talk....

I listen to Local talk because the local hosts actually care about the community I live in, and address real issues that matter locally, I call in all the time, and have been featured as a local business leader more than once, with our local small business federation behind the local talk stations, we have done incredible good things, our local NPR station is right behind us, and has spread the word on a nationwide level a few times, its awesome

2: NPR....

I listen to NPR because it involves intelligent discussion world events, things that are different, the non mainstream and it is a magent for intelligent people and cultured people. I notice the the dirtbike riding redneck does not like NPR.I love NPR

What do you listen to?

2. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I donate to NPR and PRI, and normally, when driving, that is what I listen to. Except right now, because it is pledge week, and although I donate, I don't like to listen to the constant pledge breaks. Gives me a chance to see what else is on (not much).

So, yeah, normally, NPR and PRI. Several stations around give me a chance to listen to a wide variety of programming. My only complaint is that stations heavy on NPR programming generally don't carry much music any more. At one time, there was much more classical, jazz, blues, and folk on public radio stations.

3. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Podcasts only. A variety of NPR, APR, and Motley Fool shows.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

XM POTUS is my favorite. Too often I'm forced to listen to XM Disney.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The only talk radio I listen to is Howard Stern.

Baba booey baba booey!

6. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

I only listen to radio in the car. And it's either NPR or a Classic Rock station.

On NPR, I listen to Morning Edition in the morning and All Things Considered in the afternoon. That's it!

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Me- NPR or Classic Rock. In my car with SiriusXM- 70s, 80s, CNN, PBS, MSNBC. Don't know how long I'll be with Sirius, anything over $9 a month is too much for the amount of time I listen, imo and when my second intro runs out, I may run too.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Let your subscription lapse and ignore the first 2 offers they send. Then they'll offer you $20 for 6 months.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

You don't even have to let the subscription lapse. Just call in, select cancel from the prompts. Then tell the rep either give me the $26 rate or cancel my subscription. They'll toss a couple other rates at you but you stick to your guns. I set an appointment in my iPhone for a couple days before the new expiration date and call in again.

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Agreed on this. In fact, I am a member of the local NPR station in every town I've lived in: Omaha, Vegas, Sacramento, and considering a move to Portland.

Hey! Common ground! while my kids aren't old enough to be into the Teen/Tween Disney stuff, they are (somewhat) clean, and my 4 and 2 year old gets everyone's attention when "Let it Go" is played. They've never taken to anything as quickly as Frozen, with the exception of various Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends soundtracks.

dude.. Your life will not be complete until you have Karl Kassel's voice on your home answering machine or voicemail. :p

And agreed on the Classic Rock station.

BL.

11. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

NPR (stopped working for me so need to call XM), FoxNews, Potus, BBC, CNN. To a lesser extent local talk. Also some music, but just switch around.

Yes I listen to both the conservative and liberal stations. It might surprise some that I am an independent. I try and get as much info as I can from both sides since it is hard if not impossible to get unbiased reporting these days.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thanks guys, I kind of all ready figured this out. I have another car that it did run out and they have sent me $20 for 6 months. I was hoping for an offer for a year. :):)

13. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

No doubt, I think I know all the words to the Frozen soundtrack. I have a Prius and it syncs two items by Bluetooth. I discovered this when my DD11 was able to use all her playlists from her iPhone.

There's also a Kids Bop channel on XM (79), Radio Disney is 77 and 78 is Kids Place. My daughter is 11 and I often have her 5-year-old sister along. At least they are well past the Barney stage…

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

My favorites are the local FM station KINK and the others are Hober Radio ( one of the first internet stations ) and KHUM from Humboldt County,Ca.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I listen to local talk when my editor is on, just so I can give him grief about it and I listen to NPR though its coverage becomes pretty spotty so I'll channel flip through the country/tejano stations until I get tired of it and play a CD.

What is with the "Frozen?" All my friends and co-workers kids love it and my son absolutely loves the "Ice" song. Last week I was in the editing bay and started whistling it and the guy next to me knew the song after a moment.

And, that will be in my head for the rest of the day.

16. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Some of my favorites are The Lone Ranger, Inner Sanctum, Gangbusters, and The Shadow.

Oh wait...that was a few years ago...:eek:

Now, mostly NPR when I'm in the car.:D

;)

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nothing but BBC Radio 4. Can't stand advertising.

18. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Hasn't been worth a damn since Jackie left in 2001.

19. G51989 thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

If you are a fan of BBC 4, you should try streaming NPR for awhile. You would like it.

20. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Local news WBZ and Local sports THE SPORTS HUB CBS radio. Political radio can only ruin my day.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sports radio resides in the same gutter as political radio.

22. G51989 thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

Then tune into your local NPR station. You'll learn something other than sports scores.

23. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Your opinion, But we have teams that win so I guess its more interesting to us.:rolleyes:

Guess You skipped were I listen to Local News.

24. G51989 thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

NPR stations typically have local news segments, then NPR programming all the time, NPR stations are generally not really new stations.

25. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Not interested in listening to hours of babble to get a few bits that may pertain to my life.