What radio shows do you listen to? Or what stations?

G51989

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
This is in here because I feel is will get very PRSI very quickly.

When I listen to the Radio I listen to two things

1: Local Talk....

I listen to Local talk because the local hosts actually care about the community I live in, and address real issues that matter locally, I call in all the time, and have been featured as a local business leader more than once, with our local small business federation behind the local talk stations, we have done incredible good things, our local NPR station is right behind us, and has spread the word on a nationwide level a few times, its awesome

2: NPR....

I listen to NPR because it involves intelligent discussion world events, things that are different, the non mainstream and it is a magent for intelligent people and cultured people. I notice the the dirtbike riding redneck does not like NPR.I love NPR

What do you listen to?

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I donate to NPR and PRI, and normally, when driving, that is what I listen to. Except right now, because it is pledge week, and although I donate, I don't like to listen to the constant pledge breaks. Gives me a chance to see what else is on (not much).

So, yeah, normally, NPR and PRI. Several stations around give me a chance to listen to a wide variety of programming. My only complaint is that stations heavy on NPR programming generally don't carry much music any more. At one time, there was much more classical, jazz, blues, and folk on public radio stations.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
I only listen to radio in the car. And it's either NPR or a Classic Rock station.

On NPR, I listen to Morning Edition in the morning and All Things Considered in the afternoon. That's it!

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Me- NPR or Classic Rock. In my car with SiriusXM- 70s, 80s, CNN, PBS, MSNBC. Don't know how long I'll be with Sirius, anything over $9 a month is too much for the amount of time I listen, imo and when my second intro runs out, I may run too.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Me- NPR or Classic Rock. In my car with SiriusXM- 70s, 80s, CNN, PBS, MSNBC. Don't know how long I'll be with Sirius, anything over $9 a month is too much for the amount of time I listen, imo and when my second intro runs out, I may run too.

Let your subscription lapse and ignore the first 2 offers they send. Then they'll offer you $20 for 6 months.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Let your subscription lapse and ignore the first 2 offers they send. Then they'll offer you $20 for 6 months.
You don't even have to let the subscription lapse. Just call in, select cancel from the prompts. Then tell the rep either give me the $26 rate or cancel my subscription. They'll toss a couple other rates at you but you stick to your guns. I set an appointment in my iPhone for a couple days before the new expiration date and call in again.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I donate to NPR and PRI, and normally, when driving, that is what I listen to. Except right now, because it is pledge week, and although I donate, I don't like to listen to the constant pledge breaks. Gives me a chance to see what else is on (not much).

So, yeah, normally, NPR and PRI. Several stations around give me a chance to listen to a wide variety of programming. My only complaint is that stations heavy on NPR programming generally don't carry much music any more. At one time, there was much more classical, jazz, blues, and folk on public radio stations.
Agreed on this. In fact, I am a member of the local NPR station in every town I've lived in: Omaha, Vegas, Sacramento, and considering a move to Portland.

XM POTUS is my favorite. Too often I'm forced to listen to XM Disney.
Hey! Common ground! while my kids aren't old enough to be into the Teen/Tween Disney stuff, they are (somewhat) clean, and my 4 and 2 year old gets everyone's attention when "Let it Go" is played. They've never taken to anything as quickly as Frozen, with the exception of various Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends soundtracks.

I only listen to radio in the car. And it's either NPR or a Classic Rock station.

On NPR, I listen to Morning Edition in the morning and All Things Considered in the afternoon. That's it!
dude.. Your life will not be complete until you have Karl Kassel's voice on your home answering machine or voicemail. :p

And agreed on the Classic Rock station.

BL.

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
NPR (stopped working for me so need to call XM), FoxNews, Potus, BBC, CNN. To a lesser extent local talk. Also some music, but just switch around.

Yes I listen to both the conservative and liberal stations. It might surprise some that I am an independent. I try and get as much info as I can from both sides since it is hard if not impossible to get unbiased reporting these days.

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
You don't even have to let the subscription lapse. Just call in, select cancel from the prompts. Then tell the rep either give me the $26 rate or cancel my subscription. They'll toss a couple other rates at you but you stick to your guns. I set an appointment in my iPhone for a couple days before the new expiration date and call in again.
Thanks guys, I kind of all ready figured this out. I have another car that it did run out and they have sent me $20 for 6 months. I was hoping for an offer for a year. :):)

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Hey! Common ground! while my kids aren't old enough to be into the Teen/Tween Disney stuff, they are (somewhat) clean, and my 4 and 2 year old gets everyone's attention when "Let it Go" is played. They've never taken to anything as quickly as Frozen, with the exception of various Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends soundtracks.
No doubt, I think I know all the words to the Frozen soundtrack. I have a Prius and it syncs two items by Bluetooth. I discovered this when my DD11 was able to use all her playlists from her iPhone.

There's also a Kids Bop channel on XM (79), Radio Disney is 77 and 78 is Kids Place. My daughter is 11 and I often have her 5-year-old sister along. At least they are well past the Barney stage…

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
This is in here because I feel is will get very PRSI very quickly.

When I listen to the Radio I listen to two things

1: Local Talk....

I listen to Local talk because the local hosts actually care about the community I live in, and address real issues that matter locally, I call in all the time, and have been featured as a local business leader more than once, with our local small business federation behind the local talk stations, we have done incredible good things, our local NPR station is right behind us, and has spread the word on a nationwide level a few times, its awesome

2: NPR....

I listen to NPR because it involves intelligent discussion world events, things that are different, the non mainstream and it is a magent for intelligent people and cultured people. I notice the the dirtbike riding redneck does not like NPR.I love NPR

What do you listen to?
I listen to local talk when my editor is on, just so I can give him grief about it and I listen to NPR though its coverage becomes pretty spotty so I'll channel flip through the country/tejano stations until I get tired of it and play a CD.

No doubt, I think I know all the words to the Frozen soundtrack.…
What is with the "Frozen?" All my friends and co-workers kids love it and my son absolutely loves the "Ice" song. Last week I was in the editing bay and started whistling it and the guy next to me knew the song after a moment.

...Beautiful, powerful, dangerous, cold
Ice has a magic can't be controlled
Stronger than one, stronger than ten
Stronger than a hundred men Ha!
And, that will be in my head for the rest of the day.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Some of my favorites are The Lone Ranger, Inner Sanctum, Gangbusters, and The Shadow.

Oh wait...that was a few years ago...:eek:

Now, mostly NPR when I'm in the car.:D

;)