What refurb Air would you go with now that the new ones are out with the old ones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Airforcekid, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

To me its a hard choice between 1.8GHZ 64GB ssd vs 1.6GHZ 120GB HHD. I would probley still go with the REV:A:apple:

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Honestly, with 9400M, Mini-DisplayPort and DDR3, I wouldn't even think about the first gen...

but if you must, make it the SSD... the fact it's even an option for you must mean you already have external storage, or don't use a lot of space.... :apple:

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

The Rev. B machine is still $550 more than the Rev. A. Is it worth 55% more? Yes - better graphics, more storage, faster RAM, etc.

But the Rev. A is still an excellent deal. As a secondary machine, it's fantastic value. I would rather have the Rev. B, sure, but if I were looking for a machine to complement an iMac or Mac Pro, the Rev. A Air would fit that role very nicely. :)

4. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

if you don't mind spending a little bit go with the rev B

5. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

Get the rev B, and then upgrade the hard drive down the line when SSD's are cheaper and you'll have a great computer. You buy the rev A, you're stuck there....forever! kinda scary yeah?