What;s the worse that has happened to your iphone without it breaking?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Mar 29, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I just HAVE to ask this.. What is the worse thing that you did to your iphone without it BREAKING.. dents and scratches don't count as breaking.. I would consider breaking as in

not working/turning on any more
    crack in the scree
    crack in the house
    loss of ANY functionality

For instance, did you drop for your phone an dwatch it fly across a floor only to pick it up unscathed? Did you dog walk over it while it was sitting on the couch? did you sit on it? step on it?

2. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I've dropped mine in the snow a couple times.

3. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I was JUST going to post that Foo Fighters concert story :p

We were at a pool on my house, and someone sat completely soaked on my phone, didn't realize until everyone left. My screen had a purple tint on it, wouldn't turn off, LUCKILY I had like 0 battery left, It shut itself off, and then I placed it for four 4 days in a bag of rice. It was working like new :)

5. matttye macrumors 601

I used to have video game rage issues, and one time I stomped on my iPhone when I lost a game of halo 3. Didn't even scratch it :D

Suffice to say I don't take games that seriously these days :eek:

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

This actually happend yesterday, i was gaming Killzone 2 and i received an SMS so i took my phone from my bed, i sit in my chair and game right beside it.

When i had answered the SMS i threw my iPhone to me bed, trying to avoid being fraged.
    And i had totally forgot that i had the TV-remote in my bed and the iPhone with the screen hit the hardpart of the remote (the bottom corner) and i **** my pants.

When i got my iPhone from the bed i saw some kind of scratch or something on the screen. But when i took my screen protector off it was only that getting a scratch so the iPhone itself seems fine, i wont be throwing it anymore thou :)

7. brax.j macrumors regular

I was at the beach with my nephew messing around I pulled my phone out to check for emails from work and my nephew jumped up and knocked the phone into the sand. I have the camera removed because my job requires me to and it was almost full of sand luckily it still worked perfectly but I got a replacement anyways.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Utilizing the restroom, when my iPhone fell out of my hoodie sweatshirt and dangled above the porcelain God by my Bose In-Ear headphones attached. Could have been a disaster.... lol :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

9. Name101 macrumors member

Motorbike Crash at 100KPH :D

a little cracked and Scratched but aside from that It still works.

also I took it back for a no questions asked warranty. on my iPhone. So im getting a new one in the post very soon :D

Attached Files:

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Very nice pics, and congrats on the no questions asked replacement.....:p:p:p:p:p:p

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I was trying to jailbreak my phone. Something went wrong and it wouldn't turn on. Since I didn't know if the jailbreak took, I couldn't risk taking it to the Apple store and being found out. :eek:
    About two hours later, I tried the power button. Whew. It turned on with the Apple logo and no signs of the jailbreak. After that, I decided screw jailbreaking.

12. Name101 macrumors member

Yeah part of my Plan with the iPhone. Insurance covers everything including water damage :D

13. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

More details please.

1. How do you remove the camera from your phone? Pics of this?

2. What type of work do you do? So no one at your outfit is allowed to have a phone w/ a camera in it?

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I dropped it today in a restaurant. It got what can only be termed as a "Darlington stripe" of scratches on the right side. The SIM card also popped out. But it works fine. This is one thing that concerns me about whatever material is used in the 3G phones. If it's ANYTHING like plastic, it may have cracked like a mofo in the same situation. I have dropped this thing a few times, and so far this is the worst that has happened.

15. DavidMc macrumors member

Mine went for a ride down the belt of a treadmill. Good thing I am not a runner or I am sure it would of been broken. Up until that point I was thinking of not carrying it with a case (Seidio) but after that, I decided to keep the case.

16. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

Without breaking I can't think of,

But my first 3G took an end over end tumble down the escalator at the Trump Taj in AC.

Thanks to the rubber skin, not a scratch on it...but that one never turned on again. :eek:

17. slinky0390 macrumors regular

Lucky, my screen wasnt cracked as bad and there were no other visible signs of damage and i brought mine back for a speakerphone problem and they wouldnt touch the thing.

18. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

What plan is this? (i.e. carrier or best buy insurance or...) :confused:

19. diemos macrumors 6502

phone droped from bedside (1ft drop) hit the glass cup and screen cracked. ONE FOOT damn it!

20. D-Jam macrumors member

I swallowed mine in a drinking game, passed it through my digestive system, and out my arse. Hurt like hell passing it, not to mention the beeps and rings while it was in me.

Only damage was the writing on the back was dissolved off. :p

21. Apple iKid macrumors regular

I was walking into a building that had huge doors in the front, and my headphones got caught on the door handle. They pulled my phone out of my pocket, and it got slammed in the door.

It was sad.
    But it survived. ;)