What screws are used in the rMBP / Where can I buy the tools?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by striker33, Sep 10, 2012.

  1. striker33 macrumors 65816


    Aug 6, 2010
    Hi guys,

    Finally got my 4th replacement rMBP, and aside from a little yellow tinting to the bottom (I'll live), the bottom panel seems to be very loose and moves a fair bit.

    Is there a specific name for the type of tool used to open the rMBP? I'd assume its available cheaply on eBay or whatever, but it would help so that I buy the right one and get this thing tightened up.

    Also, would making the screws too tight cause creaking noises from the chassis? As my previous 2 had that issue, but the bottom panel seemed to be almost glued down due to there being no give at all.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

    Feb 6, 2009
  3. Mabyboi macrumors 6502


    Apr 23, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    They're Pentalobe #3, available from ifixit. I have their ultimate screw driver set and it comes with the pentalobes.

Share This Page