what seems to be a lot of misty patches in my iMac display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by moonbeep, May 31, 2012.

1. moonbeep macrumors member

moonbeep

Hi there

Have noticed quite a few misty or what seems it patches inside display of my iMac,iMac is 4 months old(27"),booked a genius bar appointment for tonight,hopefully they replace it or fix it accordingly,has anybody had similar experience and if so what was done to rectify it

Cheers

2. dearlaserworks macrumors regular

Read all about it...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1101370

3. moonbeep thread starter macrumors member

moonbeep

10 pages is a bit much to read at 5 25am,so its possible its condensation,either way i wound be taking my mac apart,but i am gonna demand a new one seeing as its 16 weeks old or a refurb,guess its worth the ask....

Cheers

4. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

A issues that's existed since )ct. 2009 update

You have the same problem as me with a 10 month old BTO iMac i7 27in that's had hardly any real use.

First and foremost, its within Warranty so get them to change the LCD monitor - don't let them allegedly clean it - swap the LCD out.

To-date, having owned 5 post October 2009 iMacs in both sizes I've had to swap out four monitors and exchange two new machines due to yellow screen issues - Apple are fully aware of the issue and have failed 100% to address it.

Hence, and like many others, it pays to know your consumer rights - particularly we have been sold lemons from day one - evidence again that Apple is more interested in iToy's rather than work machines - the high end i7 being a workhorse rather than pretty play thing - hence continual repairs, even under warranty, cost me time off work and lost income - perhaps if Apple paid more attention to quality, rather than its share price this issue would not exist.

5. moonbeep thread starter macrumors member

moonbeep

Am getting the lcd replaced although they said they will do it only this once,said its the enviroment the macs in and not really there problem!!..