what should be the check list to put the seal "Kosher" (Refurbished MBP)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rendergroup, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Rendergroup macrumors member

Rendergroup

Hello:

This is my first post, I´ve been reading for a while and learning a lot with all the comments, doubts and suggestions.

Well.. I know that this question may have been asked many times, sorry for that, but I´ll try to be more specific.

I´m looking to switch :) (yes one more...) in the near months (first quarter of the next year) I´m a Windows user from the DOS system and I think is time to make the switch, now the compatibility is not and issue, many apps. are availabe.
    I´m looking for a MBP 15.4-inch refurbished 2.53Ghz with 4gb. RAM.My main purpose for using this machine will be:
    ·Web browsing,mail (using Entourage and Thunderbird), some light word processing & light use of excel.
    ·Some web pages development (very light stuff) using Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
    ·Some remote assist (Teamviewer use).
    ·Virtualization (using Win XP) for use only Win progs (light programs, utilities,all of that useful programs found in windowze,etc.).
    ·Skype use.

My question:

This machine will be purchased in the US and delivered to me to the southern hemisphere... my partner will receive the machine and he will have the honor to open the box and to test the machine to see if everything is OK. before send it to me.

What should be aware of the laptop when he receives or what should be the check list to put the seal "Kosher" and ready to go...
    For example, no dead pixels, the hinge or hinges, the CD/DVD mechanism (no estrange sounds),heat ups, keyboard is working (every letter), no clicks on the HD.

I don´t know what else to ask... could you please give me a hand, I want to be happy and satisfied with my first Mac.

Thanks for your patience and time, Very eager to use my first Mac...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Honestly, since the MBP mixes plastic and metal I doubt you can claim it to be Kosher, or was that milk and meat? Anyway I think you covered the basics. I'd just be certain there weren't any weird scratches on it in addition to your checklist above.

3. combat macrumors member

combat

That's a good checklist, however there is a very small chance that if it is kept in it's original packaging that it will be damaged. Best of luck!:D

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...actually its in a plain box, not the fancy retail box...

5. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

If you can trust him to evaluate a new machine, have him evaluate a refurb the same way basically...

It's the same machine, except as J&JPolangin said, it's in a plain box.

It should work like a high end computer should work.

If he doesn't know how it should work, have him go into a store and try one out there, and it should work the same way as a display model.

6. Rendergroup thread starter macrumors member

Rendergroup

Thanks for your comments.
    I'll post when I have the machine in my hands.

Regards