Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Which accessory should every iPhone user get .. what do you perhaps feel is missing from the stock purchase?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
No film goes on my iPhone.

A simple. understated, unobtrusive leather case is all one needs. I chose the Griffin one because the fugly belt clip is removable.

netronin

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2004
Really? I thought the glass screen was supposed to be pretty scratch resistant.

It is scratch resistant but there are many cases online where people
have scratched the screen. I would rather error on the side of caution.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
2 accessories, actually.

1. Bluetooth headset for hands-free calls w/out wires.
2. A simple slip case, like the Sena Pouch or one of those microfiber sunglass cases.

cottons

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
Just got an iPhone and am wondering if people prefer silicon cases, socks, or leather cases vs. just going naked. Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance!

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
a Mac. The ultimate iPhone accessory. ;)

Definitely a screen protector. The power support crystal film seem to be the best (at least from the 3 I've tried):

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=B319498&nplm=TN612LL/A

i beg to differ, the power support screen feels just as good as it naked.

i completely agree. i wouldn't take my iphone anywhere without a screen protector.

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
Don't get a screen protector...they suck. Naked is the only way!!
Get the Sony adapter and a nice headset or earbuds

What's the Sony adapter?

When I bought the phone on Wednesday the AT&T store had a special going on so I got the Case-Mate leather flip case and the Griffin car charger together for around $60.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
What's the Sony adapter?

When I bought the phone on Wednesday the AT&T store had a special going on so I got the Case-Mate leather flip case and the Griffin car charger together for around $60.

Sorry, the Shure adapter I mean:
http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Accessories/CasesAdapters/us_pa_MPA_phone_adapter

And forget the plastic films and screen protectors. This phone was designed to be used, not treated like a cheap cell phone that breaks when you breath on it.
Naked is best.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Which accessory should every iPhone user get .. what do you perhaps feel is missing from the stock purchase?

I think the iPod touch comes with a little stand to hold it sideways at an angle. That looks cool, iPhone didn't come with it.... ?? unless I missed it in the excitement of unboxing the iPhone in my car in the parking lot at Crossgates in Albany on the night of June 29th??

I am amazed I could even drive home that night, I was so psyched over my "mission accomplished" status, after days of thinking I was nuts to plan a 180-mile round trip from which I could easily have ended up empty-handed!

Anyway I tire of propping the iPhone on something or docking it and turning it to rest at a funny angle that way. Are there some cool stands out there for the thing?

Or... maybe Apple will give me an iPod touch stand WITH my hundred bucks store credit next time I order something, that would be beyond sweet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.