What should i buy as my next Macbook? Pro or Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaCamZa, Nov 23, 2010.

1. MaCamZa macrumors 6502

MaCamZa

Will the next 13" Macbook Pro gain the SSD or Core i3/5 series in the next revision?

I want to buy either a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air because i need to update my Late 2009 White Macbook. I have budget of £1500.

What do you recommend?

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

there is a phrase in hindi, na tum jano, na hum
    this means i have no idea, and neither do you..

so i have no idea whether or not they will include the SSD and the i3/5... its a risk..

but how urgent is it.. is your computer falling apart or is it running okay and can last a couple more months..

3. sbddude macrumors 6502a

What about the 2009 Macbook is in need of update?

IN my local area, it would be easy to sell a 2009 MB and buy a 13 inch MBP for a net cost of 100-200. Buy a SSD and add it yourself.

4. miata macrumors 6502

If you are impatient...

1) buy an SSD for your current MacBook
    2) Delay purchasing the MBP 13 until it is reved
    3) swap the SSD from the old MacBook to the new MBP

If you are patient...delay purchasing the MBP 13 until it is reved

5. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

i went to microcenter (go there if you can) yesterday to buy a macbook air, and i ended up buying a macbook pro.

the main reason was because of the price.

the macbook air was 949 + tax (50 dollars off), and the macbook pro was 999 + tax (200 dollars off).

you get so much more with the pro, so much more. backlit keyboard didn't seem like it would be a big thing, but it turned into nighttime, and i couldn't see the keyboard and i turned it on and it was great.

i thought i'd never use the dvd drive, someone gave me a cd.

i thought that i'd be using wireless, and i plugged into ethernet.

6. bigjobby macrumors 65816

1. Who knows... but can't a 2009 MB take an SSD anyway?

2. Why do you 'need' an update? Can't recommend anything if you're not telling us what you are currently or going to use the laptop for.

7. Dented macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I doubt you really *need* to update your 2009 MacBook but I guess the question is why do you need to update it and what are you going to use this computer for. If it's your main or only computer then I'd strongly advise against the Air as it's so limited in storage and upgradability - if on the other hand it's just a portable companion to a more powerful desktop machine then the Air might be just right for you.

The current 13" probably isn't light years ahead of your current MacBook in performance terms, but then again it depends how you spec it - add a huge hard drive and lots of ram and it's a different kettle of fish.