What should I do after my contract finishes as I wait for the 6th gen iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by botchok5, Aug 20, 2012.

1. botchok5 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

My 18 month contract from O2 (UK company) finishes this month, I was wondering if anyone could help me with alternatives to which tariffs I can get at the moment as I wait for the 6th gen iPhone.
    I don't want to carry on paying £35/month for my finished iPhone 4, are there other alternatives apart from waiting and paying for 2 more months of full tariff?

2. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

I am on a Tesco iPhone sim-only deal. Mine is a 3 monthly contract, but there are monthly deals from most networks. Go on it for 1 month, then get your new contract.

Alternatively, if you can afford to buy upfront, it can be cheaper over 2 years to buy the new iPhone and stay on a sim-only deal (a 3-monthly or yearly one will have the best deals).

3. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Buy phone outright, then get a sim only plan. It is almost always a lot lot cheaper.

4. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

I am not a fan of contracts. I signed my AT&T contract September 2010, and now that it's almost up, I don't think I'm going to sign a new one. If I decide to get the new iPhone, then I may very well sign the 2 year contract since there will be no incentive not to. I'm not leaving AT&T anytime soon. But I won't make a decision until after Google announces the new Nexus sometime in quarter 4. If I like it, I'll get it without a contract, just like my Galaxy Nexus, seeing as AT&T probably won't offer it directly.