What should I do/buy/sell/change? Another Famous iMpathetic Dealings thread!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iMpathetic, Apr 10, 2008.

1. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Hey, guys. as you may remember from the last thread, I wanted to do a stupid deal thing, or at least you people thought it was stupid. Well, here comes another one. For those of you trying to tell me to be happy with what I have, with all due respect, I don't care in the slightest. This is what I do for fun. :)

Anyway, I currently use a 1.67GHz 15" Powerbook G4, a 1.5GHz IBM Thinkpad X41, and a dual 800MHz Power Mac G4 with enough video cards for like 6 monitors. I would like to change computers in one of many different ways I've thought of.

Option one: Sell the Thinkpad for $450, buy a 24" LCD and new battery for the Powerbook, so I kill both the desktop and laptop birds with one stone.

Option two: Trade the Powerbook for a 15" 2GHz Pentium M-equipped T43 Thinkpad. Sell the other thinkpad to buy a 24" LCD and a new battery.

Option three: Sell the Powerbook and buy a Thinkpad T60p from a guy I know.

Option four: Sell everything plus my iBBook G4 I use at my mom's house and buy a laptop I can use for school.

Option five: Sell both laptops and keep the PowerMac, and buy a MacBook.

Option six: Sell the thinkpad and buy a 12" Powerbook.

These are all I can think of. I will add more as I think of them. Please let me know which ones you think are the best, and please, please, please don't try to be my life coach! :rolleyes:

Thanks so much!

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

3. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Meh, that's what I may be doing. It seems likely, but we'll see how things play out.

On a side note, I just got an offer of $690 for the powerbook, is he lowballing?

4. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Regarding option five, if I remember right didn't you just trade a MacBook for the PowerBook? Just asking...

5. iMpathetic thread starter macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Yes, I did..... :p