What should I do? My new MacBook Pro screen just flickered a few times while on YouTube

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

I was able to make it happen a few times, by just streaming a YouTube video. My late 2013 rMBP does not flicker playing the same video.

Now what? :(

This things only a few days old.

I'm pretty stressed out right now.

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Be stressed when it's too old to return, or out of warranty. Now's the time to breathe in, breathe out, and be thankful it didn't happen after it was too old to return it for a replacement.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

But that's the thing. I love the screen on this thing. At first is was like "eh idk it's not that much better" but now that it's been a few days, I love the color, hue, tint, everything. This screen is truly amazing. This exact one lol.

If I change it, will I get a different screen tint?

I remember on the old rMBP's like my model some people got yellowish screens, reddish, bluish, etc.

Has Apple standardized screen calibration across all new 2016 MBPs?

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Very few if any consumer devices are going to have the level of calibration you're looking for. 13 months from now when you have a dead board and Apple is quoting you $1200 to fix it you're going to be sad you avoided playing the return lottery because you wanted a "different hue" ! Tinted beats broken or a $550 bill anyday, and I bet my apartment & bank account that they're not going to fix it for free a week out of warranty for you for less than $550.

Most of what you are referring to is with earlier retinas which is an issue long in the past.

5. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok you just scared the bajeebers out of me. No I'm not paying $1,200 13 months from now to fix anything in this computer.

Thanks for knocking some sense into me.

EDIT: Heck! I wouldn't want to pay half that. Even 600 would be like "WTH Apple..."

6. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68030

It's getting worse people. Yeah unfortunately I'm left with no choice. It's going back :*(