What should my wife do, last day of her return period...need advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by digitalduck, Jun 30, 2010.

1. digitalduck macrumors regular

Long story short, I got my i4 on that Wednesday preorder, i bought her a 3gs on memorial day.. so a month ago today from radio shack. Once i got off work best buy was sold out again.

If she wants to take her phone back it has to be today.

We have 3 lines.. my original line, her old line that wasnt up for an upgrade till 3/11 and the new 3gs line we oepend...it was cheaper to leave her line dormant instead of pay the $125 etf..

So i told her she could take her 3gs back and get a crappy go phone or somehting and whne next stock coems in ill swing by anywhere and get one... she is on the radio shack list anyway...

So

1. question is is does that work with the go phone can i swap sims? ...

2. If i swap sims will she loose her unlimted data? Or could i switch it to the dormant line andelave it theer and then switch it back with the i4?

3. Or how long does she have ot have it before she can sell it and then just pay the etf on the old line and open up a new lien, then still have 3 lines as dumb
    as that sounds

Thanks in advance!!

2. Apollo33 macrumors regular

I overheard an AT&T rep tell someone with a 3GS that they pushed out the upgrade date for exchanging it for an iPhone 4.

Not sure if this applies to purchases made from Radio Shack.

3. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm...yeah im on the list there, but her 30 day reutrn policy on her 3gs ends today. Since we bought it to get in under thje 6/1 raise of the etf and unlimited data, so now either she gets a go phone and orders from apple or tries her luck with the RS wait list.. either way she should return it today..

4. cjbryce macrumors 6502

cjbryce

Well, if I were you...

If she's been a good and faithful wife and you still enjoy her company, then keep her.

If she has failed to provide you with the love and attention you expected or desired, then return her.

HTH:D

Sorry, I'm tired and in need of some amusement.

5. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

If only it was that easy....lets deal with the phone first...that way when I return her ill keep the phone..lol

6. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

What do you guys think...i have to do it today...

7. JCCL macrumors 6502a

8. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Have you tried to call them at all? They were telling me that they would extend my time to return my 3gs (which i bought on the 6th) because they had to push back the iphone 4. I too was a little paranoid so i camped and got it yesterday. But i was tols that if you order the phone from them you should be fine. Evidentally they are taking preorders or whatever u wanna call em.

9. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Unknown are you referring to radio shack? What if they knew I was returning my 3gs there to have the money to get teh iphone 4?

10. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

If it were only that easy.

I tell my kids it's nearing trade-in time. They don't buy it.

As far as trade-in period...I would go state my case and get a written promise to allow an extension of your trade-in period.

11. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

From RS? Or should I just do the gophone thing?

12. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Man i fail at reading. I thought u said att for some reason. Idk radioshacks policy but whar i can tell u is that you will need tl return the phone before hand at radioshack before you can purchase the phone at anothd location for the subsidized price. (assuming yo used her upgrade to get the 3gs and did not buy the phone outright for 600 bux)

13. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Well, your sim card will work in a go phone. I've done it a couple of times with my 3G when I didn't want to take my iPhone somewhere I would swap the sim. What I don't know is if you'll lose your unlimited plan, because the last time I did this was before they changed the data plans. It shouldn't change any of your plan features with out your consent, but I can't tell diffinatively that you won't lose the unlimited plan.

14. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly, which is why it has to be today so they can update ATT and let them know... Also,

Fernandez21, yeah i dont know about data, but if youre paying for it still it "should" be there..we'll see

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

try to get RS to allow an extension on your trade-in period.

16. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Get an iPad!
    sorry your thread title made me giggle i'm sorry
    menstrual cycle joke
    Sorry lol