What shows do Republicans favor as opposed to Democrats? Find out inside.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by renewed, Nov 10, 2010.

1. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Link

Attached Files:

2. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I'm surprised Modern Family was on the Republican list... mainly cause of the "Gay Agenda".:p

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Is that list for real? It just seems too pat. I mean, if you made up a list of junk TV shows that Republicans would watch and quality shows that Democrats would watch, that's about what you'd get.

(With one big anomaly. Kourtney & Khloe? Really, Democrats? :rolleyes: )

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

So you're calling NCIS junk huh? Them's be fightin' words!

But no really, the differences seem marginal at best for most of those shows.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Yeah, NCIS rules. I love Ziva..... :D

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Gee i wonder why dancing with the stars is so popular with the GOP:D

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

My liberal credentials are confirmed. I recommend "Testees" on Hulu.com.

Talk about obscure.

9. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I never could get into Dexter or Mad Men, both of which I hear no end of how good they are from people I know.

Lately I've been watching The Event, which is fun. I do enjoy Olbermann and Maddow now and then, though I will watch Glenn Beck if I'm feeling masochistic. Recently did an Arrested Development DVD marathon. Too good.

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

This is kind of interesting. I definitely identify as a Democrat much more than a Republican, But most of the shows I watch are on the Republican list, and only one is on the Democrat list. Although, most of the shows I watch on the Repub side have a higher Democrat rating a well.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I really only watch Dexter. The vast majority of those shows absolutely suck. I don't watch Mad Men because it's too much like my life.

I have to say that it makes sense that "Desperate Housewives" is on the Republican list though. :)

12. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

This seems like a bogus list. I only watch four, and then from the GOP side and the ones on the Democrat side are fairly lame, except for 30 Rock.

As far as politics, I am very liberal, but maybe too liberal to fall into the camp of the Democrats regularly scheduled programming. :)

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Most of us don't even watch TV, right? I watch very little.

14. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

If a TV episode doesn't catch me, I usually don't go back. If it puts me to sleep then I usually don't return. The Democrat's side are fairly boring TV shows. The worst show on either side is Glenn Beck who is as legit as WWE Wrestling. The only thing I could say about Beck is that he's far more intelligent than that drug addict dude on radio, but that's not saying much. If Beck was actually reliable in his information, he would be compared to a real news personality.

Glenn Beck's future paycheck pretty much revolves around Obama remaining as President. God forbid if a Republican, and a conservative one, goes into the White House. And if it's the conservative, Mormon guy I am thinking of, then Beck is out of a job. But knowing Beck, he would then "see the light" and become a liberal just so he could attack the next President. He will do anything for the tens of millions they pay him each year.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I finally looked at the list... and other than the #1 shows I'd be hard pressed to label one liberal or conservative.

But I really wouldn't know, as I don't watch any of them... not a single one.

I did see part of 2 and a Half Men once... OMG, that is a bad show.

16. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

The top spot is disturbing . . . in both lists.

17. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Let the record show that Thomas Veil considers Democrats' number 5 show, "90210", a "quality show". ;)

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And where are shows like Fringe and Sons of Anarchy?

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I love Sons of Anarchy lol

That and Bones

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sons of Anarchy is awesome. I've been trying to find just the right SAMCRO t-shirt. This hoodie would do though. I've been thinking about getting a motorcycle too. Homo on a motorbike- how ****ing random and cool is that? :)

Attached Files:

21. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

wtf??? very disappointed in both teams on this one...

democrats-
    - the kardashians? really?
    - 90210? is this 1990?
    - svu? sure thats great, if you want to watch the most sanctimonious trash possible?
    - countdown? ????

republicans-
    - glenn beck? huh?
    - desperate housewives??????? vomit.
    - survivor? that is still on tv wtf?
    - american idol? hahahaha

At least the democrats got Mad Men right, got to be the most interesting thing on the tube currently. Disappointed that House did not appear on either list, and frankly I'm shocked that Glee was not on either list.

I miss the days when fox's sunday night lineup was Simpsons-king of the hill-x-files-x-files. THAT is some good TV.

22. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Let's see, of the 30 shows total represented in both lists, I see six that I watch semi-regularly: "Modern Family", "How I Met Your Mother", "Lie to Me", "30 Rock", "Community" and "Parks and Recreation". Three from each list. So... does that make me an Independent? A moderate? What?

23. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I'm totally going to ask people if they like 90210 now, just to see if they are liberal or conservative. :D

24. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Don't put too much stock into that list.

Out of thirty shows, I don't watch any of them - although there was once a time I watched Law & Order: SVU.

25. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I watch next to no TV on the television, but will occasionally get obsessed with a show and repeatedly click the next episode button on Netflix Instant until I'm too hungry or too tired to watch any more. :p It has happened with nip/tuck, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development, Skins and Weeds. So I secretly have watched a lot of TV!