What site allows you to easily place a song into the iTunes store?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rs14smith, Oct 1, 2011.

1. rs14smith macrumors regular

The reason I ask here on a forum is I'm hoping to hear some recommendations before using Google which is going to just point me to a long list of names who may or may not be reputable companies.

I just have 1 song I wish to place in the iTunes app store, and I know there are usually fees or a fee that goes along with it, but I'm looking for, "if possible", the simplest method out there.

Thanks!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Firstly

It's just not as simple as that. Whichever service you use is
    A) NOT free

B) the fee you would pay for a one song shot would be crazy unless you are very wealthy!

I have several accounts I use for bands and albums. Your best shot as a "One Off" might be to try something like this:
    http://www.songcastmusic.com/info/?gclid=CK_Kx8TfyKsCFcMOfAodXxqt3Q

But, (and I've no wish to offend you at all) it's not as easy as you think.

Now the easy way to get your song "Out There"

Create a Youtube account and follow the instructions on file format etc. Don't worry about the Video side of things, to start with you can use still camera shots to transit with your song.

If you need more advice about creating stuff for youtube just ask....Itunes is (trying to be diplomatic here) for pro's, but you have to start somewhere right?

3. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

Well I

A) I already know it is not free as stated

B) I've ran into a few online vendors who do not charge an arm and leg to put a single in most of the online stores, so I'm curious to where you are receiving this information?

I already have a YouTube account with a video of me playing the song...so I'm many steps ahead of your post. I did find another source recommending the online vendor you suggested, so that's the type of information I'm looking for from my question, just recommendations from previous experience.

Thanks!

But, (and I've no wish to offend you at all) it's not as easy as you think.

Now the easy way to get your song "Out There"

Create a Youtube account and follow the instructions on file format etc. Don't worry about the Video side of things, to start with you can use still camera shots to transit with your song.

If you need more advice about creating stuff for youtube just ask....Itunes is (trying to be diplomatic here) for pro's, but you have to start somewhere right?

----------

Thanks I'll have a look