What steps should I take to make sure I'm ready for the iPhone X Pre-Order tonight?

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Ohio
Hey guys. It's been a year since I pre-ordered an iPhone and I'm just wanting to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row for ordering tonight. I'll be using the Apple Store app, refreshing on both my iPhone and iPad, as well as refreshing Apple.com on my MacBook to make sure I get the quickest access to the store when it comes back online.

I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus which I bought using the AT&T Next 24 month installment plan. So I've paid of the balance remaining on that phone so I should be good to go there. I called AT&T and made sure the account passcode was up to date and correct, so I've got that settled.

I'm not remembering what information I'll need to have ready - will I need just the passcode or the account holder's last 4 of social too? Or anything else?

Anything else anyone can think of? Looking forward to the pre-order thrill!

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
When I bought my 8 all I had to do was select the color, size, and carrier, and complete the order. I didn't need to log in to my carrier account or anything. You just buy it. It's basically an unlocked phone, with a sim card in there from your specific carrier, if I'm not mistaken.

So yes, I would focus on iPad and iPhone as others state, their Apple Store app tends to allow you to order quicker (with the website having segmented delays due to server concerns I believe), and refresh the mac as a backup.

When I ordered the iPhone 8, the site (didn't use app store app) came up at 12:03AM EST. So 3 minute delay.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
This year I'm ordering it on Verizon's device payment plan due to an accumulating credit balance on that account, I'm nervous that having to wait for the Verizon servers to authenticate my account info is going to make me miss launch day delivery.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hey guys. It's been a year since I pre-ordered an iPhone and I'm just wanting to make sure I've got all my ducks in a row for ordering tonight. I'll be using the Apple Store app, refreshing on both my iPhone and iPad, as well as refreshing Apple.com on my MacBook to make sure I get the quickest access to the store when it comes back online.

I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus which I bought using the AT&T Next 24 month installment plan. So I've paid of the balance remaining on that phone so I should be good to go there. I called AT&T and made sure the account passcode was up to date and correct, so I've got that settled.

I'm not remembering what information I'll need to have ready - will I need just the passcode or the account holder's last 4 of social too? Or anything else?

Anything else anyone can think of? Looking forward to the pre-order thrill!
This is a good article Macrumors posted yesterday on various tips.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-pre-order-the-iphone-x-as-quickly-as-possible-with-apple-store-app.2080329/

Sigp232

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2015
Lots of black coffe starting around 10pm. And a shot of NyQuil at 1210am

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I will just have my phone, laptop, tmobile.com running, tmobile app running, and Chase credit card. That is all.