iPhone What steps to do to ensure I can always downgrade to 7.0.4 for jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrumor1981, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mrumor1981 macrumors newbie

I'm new to jailbreaking but once Apple comes out with iOS 7.1 then I won't be able to jailbreak anymore :(

What are the exact steps can I do right now to ensure I can always downgrade to 7.0.4 in case I ever need to restore my phone down the line?

2. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

There is no way to restore back to 7.0.4 once apple stops signing on iPhone 4S and newer. The best thing you can do right now just incase you want to jailbreak later is restore your iPhone to 7.0.4 and don't update to 7.1 until a jailbreak comes out.

3. mrumor1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I remember hearing that if you had your 'blobs' backed up you could always downgrade. So Apple patched this and there is literally no way to downgrade anymore? Ugh.

Is there anything at all then that would at least allow me to wipe my phone clean (kind of like a restore) while still keeping my jailbreak?

4. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

not possible anymore.

5. uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

it is kind of possible

look up the program iLEX Rat, it may help you. it

"1. What does iLex Rat Do?

iLex Rat is a app which helps iPhone users to get rid of messed Cydia tweaks and dependencies. iLEX RAT will bring your iPhone or iPad back to it's original state. But it'll not harm or damage to your Jailbroken state."

6. 007p, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014

007p macrumors 6502a

Buy lots and lots of iPhones. Then if one goes wrong move to another.

Seriously, that's all you can do on anything with a A5+ chip if it comes to the need to restore.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You didn't say what model iPhone you're using.
    All these comments and answers are worthless without knowing what device you're talking about.
    Blobs saved are only useful for the iPhone 4.
    Any newer iPhone cannot use saved blobs to downgrade at the moment.