What store is offering the bet iPhone deals?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by budmonster, Dec 25, 2013.

1. budmonster macrumors regular

My wife an I are on Verzion. We both have upgrades and want to finally get some iPhones. I'd like a 32gb 5s and she is fine a with 16gb 5c. I saw Best Buy offering that 32gb 5s for $229.99 and the 5c for $0. Anybody know of any other deals?

Thanks a head of time for any help :) Happy Holidays!

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

Best Buy is going to be your best deal since it's direct discount. Their pricing is the same as what they offered on Black Friday and is one of the lowest. The only other one better on Black Friday was Walmart but it involved gift cards. I'm not sure if Walmart is having any sale this late.

3. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Target has iphone 5c 16GBs for $28 dollars, walmart for $45

4. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, BB was the best deal FYI and still is. 5c 16gb is free and all 5s are $75 off.

5. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

BB is crazy on Apple deals. I've bought everything there because so far nothing has been within $50 of their prices. I have no idea how.

6. Ender Wiggins macrumors member

Best Buy does me no good because they don't sell off-contract or unlocked phones, and I'm on T-Mobile.

Anyone know of a good deal for T-Mobile phones?

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Yeah Bestbuy seems to have the best contracted iPhone price from what I've seen.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hey guys, seeking some advice on this.

I'm eligible for an early upgrade this Friday, but could only get it at that point through the Verizon store (BestBuy, Apple, etc. can't provide the early upgrade promotion, only could upgrade once my contract is officially up on Feb. 3rd).

I'm adding my fiancee to my plan, so she'll be available for an upgrade ASAP.

BestBuy is having the sale of selling the 5S (on contract) for 75$ off. So, we'll upgrade my fiancee at BestBuy so she can get the 5s and we'll pay $75 less.

So here's the predicament. I'm having issues with my home button on my 5 that Apple will no longer address as I'm out of my 1 year warranty. I have an upgrade available on my line in a month (or Friday if I upgrade at a Verizon store) and am going to get the 5s regardless. Question is, do I just upgrade my phone now and forego the possible $75 savings? Or do you think BestBuy will still be offering this deal a month from now?

Thanks to anyone that reads that! Appreciate all advice!

9. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Best Buy, WalMart, and Sam's have been pretty consistent these last few weeks with the best iPhone deals.

----------

I don't have experience with VZW stores, but my local AT&T stores all price-match Best Buy/Radio Shack, etc. Maybe VZW does the same?

If not, the extra $75 might be worth it to save yourself the headache of dealing with the issues on your iP5.

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

The Verizon rep I spoke with said that Verizon would not price match 3rd party retailers. I would call again but I'm burnt out after spending an hour on the phone with them just to go through and become eligible for an early upgrade.

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

As you mentioned, BestBuy may or may not have this price a month from now. Personally, I'm not sure how they'd be able to offer quite an extensive discount for an extended period of time. So, I don't think they would have it a month from now. It must be a holiday special or something. Of course, I don't really know how Best Buy does it, but that is just my opinion.

I would just upgrade now.

12. blarivee macrumors 6502

Sounds like you'll be paying $199 on Friday or in February. You might as well take a chance and wait for February if you can make your iPhone 5 work until then.

What you could do is open a brand new line and add your fiancee to that new line. When your existing line expires, you can close it down and port the number over. If you can, you can lower your plan on the old line to the minimum allowable. Actually your fiancee will have to open the new line since i don't think you can have two independent account.

13. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Can you sell your iPhone 5 to one of those buy back programs? This way you will get some money towards the purchase of the 5s.

This deal with the $75 off ends Jan. 4th. Maybe another store will have this option.

14. avanpelt, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

avanpelt macrumors 68020

Best Buy will sell you an iPhone off contract. They just don't offer discounts when the phone is bought off contract. You can buy a Verizon iPhone 5s or 5c, walk out of the store, take the Verizon LTE SIM out, put a T-Mobile SIM in, and you'll be up and running on T-Mobile's network. That's the nice thing about the Verizon iPhones since the 5 -- they're unlocked out of the box even on contract.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and Best Buy is actually $50 more expensive than Apple if you're buying the iPhone 5s unactivated, at least. I did not check the 5c. The Verizon 32 GB 5s unactivated (off contract) is $749 at Apple and $799 at Best Buy.

15. Ender Wiggins macrumors member

The Verizon compatibility isn't technically true. My wife brought her Verizon iPhone 5 from Verizon to T-Mobile and while it worked on T-Mobile's "4G" network, it wouldn't work on their LTE network. We had to get a different one that was compatible with T-Mobile's LTE network.

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's a 5S/C thing.

17. avanpelt macrumors 68020

The 5s and 5c have different radios than the 5 did. The Verizon 5s and 5c will work on all LTE bands currently supported by the iPhone. The Verizon 5 only supported the LTE bands used by Verizon in the U.S. and by some Asian carriers. You're right, though, that the Verizon 5 did support GSM and HSPA+ so you could connect to AT&T and T-Mobile's 2G, 3G, and "4G" networks but not their LTE networks.

18. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

Tmobile is selling the 5S for no money down.

The only downside with being with Tmobile is we have to pay the full price of phones. Other carriers get the bargains like $125 iphones or $0 5Cs but admittedly they have contracts and higher monthly plans so i guess it balances out slightly haha

----------

as mentioned many times on the thread, that experience you described is exclusive to the iPhone 5.

The 5S/5C have a wider band of LTE compatability. Technically the Verizon/AT&T/Tmobile 5s/5c carry the exact same Apple model numbers, meaning they are all identical phones.

Http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE is a very handy resource.