What Terrible Thing Should Happen To Those CEOs?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I say they get stripped of all their wealth and thrown out on the street! :D

I'm glad the Dems are saying they're should be a cap on what they get on this bailout. I say it should be $0 or less even.

God. I am so pissed at those dumb fools. Thanks alot for screwing my future self over a holes. :(

/end of rant

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Go after them big time! this is our $$$ not these CEO's and Bushco's republicans. They should Go after every one of these guys who were giving bad loans, selling Fake paper and go after the Fed and the Morons who were just saying everything was great a week or so ago.
    Same old story steal a loaf of bread go to jail, steal millions and nothing happens.

3. Frisco macrumors 68020

This situation is analogous to Enron, but much harder to prove. I still say prosecute, if for nothing else the exercise.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

what are the chances bush gives a broad sweeping general pardon to them when he leaves office in the name of "executive priviledge"?

5. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    In the new-ageism I follow, whatever badness I wish on them is truly what I am wishing on myself instead.

But that aside, I'd say public floggings! This country needs something to lift its morale again, and I can think of no better way. It would also help if Bush and Cheney were on the receiving end too.

Back to my original point, I apparently am wishing myself to be publicly flogged. Hmm....

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Introduce them to the outsides of tall buildings.

Falling on one's sword is a commendable action.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

gotta say, i liked the old avatar alot more.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes, espousing hatred from a fuzzy little mouse does lose something, doesn't it. :p

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

lol mayb i fear change, im sure ill get used to it.

10. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Poor people die because of corruption in high places.

This will never change until people in such positions know fear. Not fear in the abstract, but the direct physical presence of fear.

I'd put an Enron exec in a small room with the people whose pensions he wiped out.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I feel your pain and anger. It matches mine. A couple day ago, I posted much the same on a different thread. To actually solve this we need to make these companies solvent again. The $700 B is not going to do that. Pick the few that are absolutely critical and let the others fail. It is too bad that the innocent will also get hurt. I will take a pretty sizable hit on some of my mutual funds, but I will weather it. The top men must be wiped clean of their assets and they become a long-time dance partner for Bubba. As long as we let them get away with this, they will keep going it. Damn it, the law is suppose to mean something. I did not fight the Vietnam War to watch my country taken over by a bunch of silver-spooned pansy-asses.

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This morning the FBI is.....now get this..... going to investigate fraud at Fannie and Freddie and the executives who were making millions off these bad loans.(CNN) It sounds good but Washington is so corrupt these days my guess is its a pony show.
    We the people have no faith in this president,this congress or pretty much anything they do except making war and collecting our taxes. Other then that the American people are for the taking by the prostitutes who infest washington.

13. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The BBC news reported that the FBI are also investigating Lehman Brothers and AIG. I wish that something similar would happen in the UK.

Those found responsible should be barred from running a business, similar to our bankruptcy laws, but made a little harsher to reflect these extraordinary circumstances.

14. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Inspired by Gregg Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback column.

Actually I think any executive at a company participating in a taxpayer funded bailout that made $1 million or more last year should be limited to $13,624 (minimum wage as of July 24, 2008 for 40 hours/week for 52-weeks) for their 2008 income (preferably hold them there until they manage to pay some of the bailout money back in some way).

I'd like to see executive wages capped and bonuses eliminated for every company that participates in the bailout, the minimum wage, while extreme, seems more fitting but the likelihood of that happening is almost as high as my chances at winning the lottery.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It is an almost laughable idea that makes me so sad at the same time. It is truly a great idea, but because of the corruption in our government theres no way businesses with their hands in our leaders pockets would ever let it happen.:(

16. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Yep, minimum wage them for 5 years , then after that they are stripped of all personal finances and business interests , everything ! ( cept a few clothes maybe) so have to start again from scratch , just like a 'member of the public' would if something of this nature where to occur

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

First, the spankings!

Then, the oral sex!

Oh wait...

18. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

How about we just tie the bailout to bringing the capital gains tax inline with the income tax schedule?

Why should people who can afford to have their money work for them benefit from lower taxes than those who have to work for their money?

If the regular taxpayer is going to fund the Wall Street bailout, I think the Wall Street traders should become regular taxpayers.

That and the minimum wage thing....:D

19. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Dude. Wrong thread.

21. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

I was thinking that forcing them into legal prostitution in Nevada would send a nice message to other execs in similar positions. Shame we have that little constitutional hurdle of "cruel and unusual" in the way.

22. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Couldn't we just sentence them to a term in a Minneapolis airport restroom?

23. jplan2008 macrumors regular

I'm starting to favor the idea of saving only the most crucial ones, too. I haven't heard enough confidence that $700 billion will really do it anyway, in which case to give them all that money and STILL have whatever nightmare they're predicting, would be crazy. I haven't heard very many economists disagree with the severity of the crisis, but Paulson has been so wrong about the economy, even with oversight, I'm not so sure he's the one to draft the blueprint for getting out. It looks like Congress is losing on the issue of equity stake in the companies. If we're bailing them out, paying more than market value for their assets, we should get the chance to reap some of the rewards of their future life that they supposedly wouldn't have without us, and which certainly wouldn't be so rosy if they had to keep their "toxic" debt.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And also banned from banking for life.

25. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

[​IMG]

Depending on their deck, that could be highly damaging.