What the actual point of the Apple Watch really is ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by hasanahmad, Sep 10, 2014.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

think what a lot of people will do is use this watch as a fitness device then sync the data with the phone. not a lot of people will use a gps on the phone but what they can do is put the phone into walking mode, put it in your pocket then your wrist will be tapped by the phone whenever you need to turn instead of looking at the phone repeatedly to see when you have to turn or holding it in your hand. Plus a lot of people who have the phone on vibrate miss a text or a message to you because the vibration is not detected in your pocket. the tap on your wrist will be a clearer indicator where only you know you have been called or messaged. This can also act as the same thing when you are in a place where your phone needs to be silenced but you can check the watch to see any update you missed because your phone is on silent due to the tap function. Also when you are driving its easier to see the wrist than to pick up your phone and see any update.

I think from what I see, Apple has envisioned this device to be a something that allows you to keep the phone in your pocket until you really need it and then have the tap function and quick notify functions and quick app functions as a better way to provide you information. Say you are sitting on a subway, you get a message, Apple doesn't want you to always pull out your phone and see it, it wants you get tapped on your wrist with the update that if you want to respond on the phone or not. I think Apple wants you to keep this primarily as a QUICK information delivery device rather than a phone replacement you can have without keeping the phone around you as well as a time piece with different clock faces for the customization. Apple envisions you to ALWAYS have a phone with you, in the pocket., in your backpack or in your bag, what if your device is being used as a gps and you want to do something other, that is where the device comes in in Apple's vision I think, where you always have the phone with you for major access but for minor access, the wrist will be your guide

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Oh you mean a pebble :p

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

:p

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They are trying to figure out the smart watch market as much as everyone else. Tablet sales and phone sales are going to slow. Moore's law may not hold true any more. They need to find a new product that excites people.