What the H3LL? What happened to Canon? HP printers now offered...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Trix, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Trix macrumors member

Trix

Has anyone else noticed this in the apple store? They got rid of the Canon brand of printers (offered with new Mac's) and replaced them with HP! I wanted that MP620 damnit!!!

:mad:

2. jk78 macrumors newbie

hi all, i just signed up to respond to this post. lol. been trolling since the WWDC this year but ive had a mac for sometime now. And I just ordered a new 13" uMBP today under BTS with an iPod touch AND a Canon MP620.

It's not offered under the configuration options of your Mac. You have to go under printers and select it separately. Just make sure it's on the same receipt. It should work, obviously I havent received my rebate yet, but the details (PDF) of the printer offer list all the Canon printers too.

3. Trix thread starter macrumors member

Trix

Welcome! Glad my aggravated post brought another user to MR!

Anyway, thats good news, I hope they continue to support the cannon line, I prefer them to whatever HP things they now show....

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...I'd been a cannon printer user for years beginning with a BJ-600 (one of the first with individual ink tanks) and have two more AIO cannon's that broke with out warning...leaving me with spare ink = frustrating

I was happy with the features and quality and due to work, I kept a supply of ink at home...unfortunately.

I've since switched to a brother AIO laser 7840W for my b/w needs and an HP 7260 for the minimal color I need to print... the nice thing about the HP unit is they have used the H02 style of ink for over 6 years now with no sign of changing the cartridges = cannon changes them just about with every model:mad:

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's not that big of a deal, both are pieces of crap. I wouldn't get too upset about getting one instead of the other.