What the heck are you guys talking about?! Safari seems snappier... NOT!

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Blackberryroid, Aug 21, 2012.

?

How does safari work out for you?

1. Safari does seem snappier. No issues here.

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. I am experiencing issues with Safari.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Blackberryroid, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

So much for that lovely claim "Safari seems snappier".

This is by far the worst browser I have ever used. I think it's even worse than IE or Netscape. I prefer Safari 5.

Why?

- IT LOADS FREAKING SLOW. It took me 15 seconds to load forums.macrumors.com

- TABS USUALLY DOESN'T LOAD. When I make new tabs (let's call it Tab A), and go to Tab B, then return to Tab A, the progress bar stops halfway through. It doesn't load any further. It's been there for 6 minutes.

- IT LOADS SO FREAKING SLOW. It's so slow that it's worth repeating twice.

This doesn't happen always, but it does happen often.

I have only 2 add-ons, Ad-Block and Currency Converter. Both of which works fine on the previous version of Safari.

So, how does Safari work out for you guys?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Safari 6 is incredibly fast on my mid-2009 MBP. Web pages take no longer than 2 seconds to load, most load in half a second or less. Can run with tons of tabs open with no slowdown. Don't experience any lag either.

3. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Sound like an issue with your machine, my MacBook Air performs great with Safari.

4. Blackberryroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

Definitely not. My computer is the World's Fastest MacBook Air. It's only 2 months old. No abuse and it's used in a perfectly normal way.

5. glewis macrumors newbie

If it doesn't work for you just use something else. Could be so many different reasons why you think your Safari isn't working as fast as it should be e.g. slow internet, dogey router, incompatible plug-in etc etc.

You could try uninstalling all your plug-ins and see if that makes it faster. Or try resetting Safari form the Safari menu.

6. Blackberryroid, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012

Blackberryroid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

No way! I love Safari's features. Where else can you get that lovely pinch to zoom, that beautiful tab switching, the iCloud integration, the reading list and that deep, deep integration with OS X?

And I have a fast internet and router. I can't blame that.

Plug-in can't be incompatible - it's designed for Safari. And I can't live without them. I don't want to get a calculator every time I see a $ sign on the screen. And I hate seeing ads.