What the hell is Apple thinking? 10 Commandments

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by miloblithe, Dec 8, 2007.

1. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

The movie trailer for 10 Commandments is listed in the fantasy section under "genres." I'm not religious at all, but I think that's a little offensive. They don't have a religion section, but at least they could have put it under "family." It is a cartoon. Or "drama."

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nah, I'd say its in a pretty good place. Good job Apple!

3. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Well.... the Golden Compass is under fantasy too, so I'd say all is far.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Its probably listed under fantasy due to the many visual effects in the film. It probably looks more like LOTR than the some other family movie. And it wouldn't be a drama.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

6. walangij macrumors 6502

WTH is Apple doing w/ this even on their trailer site? Promenade pictures is like having Focus on the Family featurettes, oh well.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Both very religiously charged movies, so I guess you've got a point...

8. Aranince macrumors 65816

And people wonder why there are so many criminals....must not let people think the 10 commandments are real! Because that would make them feel bad when they break the law. Don't want to make them feel bad.

9. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

There are hundreds of federal and state laws, which are far more relevant to to society's needs.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, as already mentioned our laws are based on more than the 10 Commandments, some of which even don't work very well with our own (like having no other Gods before that God, which you can't have in a society with freedom of religion) but this is obviously because the film itself is a fantasy, loosely based on the Bible. Which itself isn't supposed to be taken literally. But I'm sure some religious people will throw a hissy about how it's a conspiracy or something, making the rest of us look bad, all while wondering why people hate fundamentalist.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's true. I was in a courtroom once watching a criminal get sentenced, and the judge brought out two stone tablets with the Commandments written on them, and the criminal went berserk. They had to hold him down because he was flinching like Dracula confronted with a cross.

12. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Hilarious! You also get my vote for the best avatar on MR (I just noticed the silhouetted figures). I loved MST3K!

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I once caught 28 weeks later put under comedy, it was there for about a week i think before someone spotted it and moved it :D

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Thank you. That's like the third or fourth compliment I've gotten on my avatar.

I sometimes think there's some cosmic Dr. Forrester out there who's subjecting us to eight years of Bush to see if that will drive us insane. And like Joel, Mike and the 'bots, our only defense is heckling. :)

15. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. Nice one Apple. Now all we need to do is get Borders to move the Bible into the fiction section :)

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's because Apple hates Jesus. ;)