What the hell? Was in Safari and clicked a link and got blue screen of death. iOS 8.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalirob99, Nov 5, 2014.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Everything's been fine till this today. It rebooted and it's back like nothing happened.
    Any ideas what could be a cause or suggestions? Not sure if this is anything to worry about or what.

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

3. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Warez links?

Oh I get what you mean. But no, it was a news site.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

5. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I have had weird redirects and stuff from time to time. Especially when on XDA. Wouldn't worry about it unless it happens a few times over a short period. Not sure why it went BSOD though. For all the people on the internet at one time, I can't believe we don't have more issues--:)

6. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Totally lol, so I'm guessin this is software related?

This is the first time since I got this phone that I've had a respring. So the blue screen was weird as hell. Is there a reason it's blue?
    I know 8.1 or 8.x as a whole is buggy as hell but not sure if this is worth panicking over?

7. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I had a few resprings on 8.0, but knock on wood so far none on 8.1. The BSOD is odd though. Did you check your usage logs to see if something crashed?

8. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

The only logs in seeing for that date are a com.apple.Webkit.Networking_2014-11-05 saying

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xeba118e23ca54d07
    Triggered by Thread: 6

and a log named with a ton off numbers mentioning Debugger message: panic. And mentioning Panicked task

9. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Please take a picture next time lol I have never seen this before.

10. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Found this--sounds like you may have went somewhere that didn't exist. As to why BSOD, not sure.

EXC_BAD_ACCESS is a very typical reason and it simply means that the application tried to access an object which wasn't there anymore (common memory management error).

Also, a related thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1783446

A second time and I would exchange phone--

Good Luck--:)

11. redlinux macrumors regular

redlinux

Do you have either an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus 128GB?

12. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Yeah, I forgot about the Nand issue. They should have put a better one in. But, more money. I think the only issues reported with that were crashes/bootloops though.

13. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

XDA seems to have sold out to the dark side. Even with good ad blocking the place is becoming unusable. Sad. I've been a member there since the days of the PocketPC. "Things" walking out of browsers and taking down ANY operating system doesn't surprise me when a site starts allowing those sorts of scripts on a page.

14. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

It is ad laden. I contributed twice to Forum. But, forget what you need to do to remove adds. Think annual contributions. Still subscribed. Not sure how much longer I will pop in to help others. Long time member also.

15. WilliamG macrumors 604

Had this on my 64GB 6 Plus. Don't sweat it. Just iOS 8 being iOS 8.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's tough to say really. I've not read if any reports on the 5s or earlier models. Even so, that doesn't necessarily aid in diagnosing the issue. It could be software related but the bug exists only with certain hardwares. Or it could be a hardware issue. It's inly happened once for me yet. Plenty of other glitches that I deal with on a daily basis lol.