Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juicytuna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I just came accross the new Meizu MX phone on Engadget

"There's much to be loved about the four-inch 960 x 640 ASV LCD -- the slight decrease in pixel density really isn't as noticeable as expected, still giving a sharp image in addition to a slightly wider viewing angle plus color gamut."

An interesting device with a 4" 960x640 screen and a very iPhone like design. The previous model had a 3.5" 960x640 screen, just like the iPhone 4(S). Could this phone be treading the path that Apple will take with the iPhone 5?

Here is a comparison pic of the old Meizu and new:

oldvsnew.png

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
This would make some iPhone users happy while enraging others!

It is sad as Apple is going to have to change the format enough to keep up with it's competition without pi$$ing off it's loyal fan base. No matter what Apple does, they will be taking a chance

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
Funny I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pictures in that article. I don't mind a bigger screen only and IF they can keep the same resolution/clarity as the current display. If they stay at 3.5 I don't mind either :p

PerplexShyt

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2011
"hey lets decrease the brightness on the old screen so we can fool everyone and make them think the new screen is even BETTER"

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
why people keep want big screen , remember something we want apple won't do it ,

if you guy want big screen , ok buy ipad and put in your pocket ,

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
iphone screen right now is perfect , why apple have to change , this is apple not droid ...droid has too many big screen ...i can't understand why people in this forum want big screen , do they really fans apple ?

apple will never ever make 4.0 screen ok ... stop dream of it .......

nouveau

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
iphone screen right now is perfect , why apple have to change , this is apple not droid ...droid has too many big screen ...i can't understand why people in this forum want big screen , do they really fans apple ?

apple will never ever make 4.0 screen ok ... stop dream of it .......

iphone screen no purfect, apple change apple wants, droid not biger enaf screen ...people heres crazies, peoples heres want more screen, crazy i then?

i really fans apple , no jokes

apple will make 4.0 screen, we dream harder ok?

1260496402a3JSQx.jpg

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
It really wouldn't be hard for Apple to launch two versions of the phone. Giving people the choice between screen sizes seems fairly logical. They will be taking a chance, as far as one of them potentially not selling as well as the other one, but if there is a company out there that can afford to take the chance it's Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.