What things will the new iphone have that not on Galaxy SIII ?

bo-waleed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
What do you think ?

Off topic question, What are the best android forums ? [for galaxy S3]

HappyCamperNS

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
What things will the new iphone have that not on Galaxy SIII ?[for galaxy S3]
resale demand

stores you can go to in case something goes wrong

IPS display instead of over saturated AMOLED that gets screen burn in

A physical size that is easy to manage one handed

Better on screen battery life per charge

Malware free

And of course the biggest one of all: iOS smoothness and integration

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Better factory support

Timely OS updates

No fragmentation woes

Better software and hardware integration

Better Apps

Better games

No garbage pentile display

Lag free UI

Better battery life

Better resale value

kdarling

macrumors P6
If the 4" rumors are true, then perhaps:

• Letterboxed apps that don't use the entire screen height.
(Cook said that having a single screen aspect helped developers, so perhaps any extra space would be mostly used for notifications, gesture area, or something similar.)

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I know.

It will have.....

Another old fashioned tiny low res qhd screen.
A years old outdated OS.
highly breakable housing.
No options to customize the device......:apple:

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
if you are talking about new, unannounced features, then these are expected:

Siri 2.0
unique 3d maps
better battery
better camera
better resolution
BETTER DESIGN
New big developer Games and apps (as always)

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
Sarcasm, and no. The fragmentation and UI lag are very real problems. Battery life is more YMMV.
Not only is battery life YMMV, the 4S has had plenty of criticism for it, even around here. Mine seems like it has improved. But it's a trade off...more options, or more battery life. Having things like widgets and a larger screen is obviously going to drain your battery faster. What's the big deal? I'd rather have more features and have to maybe plug my phone in, say, while I'm driving...or into the computer while working. Not a big deal.

UI lag. Well, I've had one Android powered device (Moto Atrix). The only issues I had with that was scrolling wasn't quite the same, and pinch to zoom in/out was not as smooth. But people act like iOS never stutters; never freezes; apps never get hung up or that the phone never completely crashes. That's just not the case. iOS isn't perfect, why do we expect Android to be--especially when it has more going on?

And fragmentation? Well, that doesn't really matter when talking about one singular device....as long as it gets updates (that are relevant). Not to mention, iOS is fragmented as well.

Oh, and go Tribe :)

----------

if you are talking about new, unannounced features, then these are expected:

Siri 2.0
unique 3d maps
better battery
better camera
better resolution
BETTER DESIGN
New big developer Games and apps (as always)
Is "Siri 2.0" going to be a 'new' iPhone exlusive, or will the 4S get it as well? :apple:

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I know.

It will have.....

Another old fashioned tiny low res qhd screen.
A years old outdated OS.
highly breakable housing.
No options to customize the device......:apple:
You forgot the /s

Thanks for playing...

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Not only is battery life YMMV, the 4S has had plenty of criticism for it, even around here. Mine seems like it has improved. But it's a trade off...more options, or more battery life. Having things like widgets and a larger screen is obviously going to drain your battery faster. What's the big deal? I'd rather have more features and have to maybe plug my phone in, say, while I'm driving...or into the computer while working. Not a big deal.
The big deal is if your battery drains, your phone is dead, and you can't do anything.

Have fun with that big screen, widget using paper weight if you have no battery.

And every volt wasted on widgets means I get less time talking, texting, emailing, browsing, and listening to music. Those are real features that are critical to a postive user experience.

When I had an android phone, after 4 hours I was turning off widgets, 4G,and nearly all background processes, along with screen brightness, to keep my phone from dying.

My i4S lasts 8 hours and I do nothing to the settings. That's a real feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.