What time are you getting in line to buy your iPad on the 30th?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by icanhasiphone?, Apr 29, 2010.

1. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

I plan on getting in line sometime between 12PM and 1. I'm not totally sure yet. What about you all?

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

3. dannycer macrumors newbie

I'm going to Best Buy at 9am to see if I can get a voucher, then I'm going to work.

@ 4:00 I'm going to the Apple Store to get in line (I'd prefer getting it there). If I can't get one @ 5pm, then I take the voucher to BB and get it there (but I'd hate to buy it from them because their sales people are not very knowledgeable or helpful).

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I have no idea at this point. 2PM sounds like a pretty good time.

5. icanhasiphone? thread starter macrumors regular

I heard that Best Buy was NOT gonna be giving vouchers for the 3G launch :( I may be wrong though.

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

That seems to be the consensus. Check yours though, plenty of policies are not chain-wide.

7. djellison macrumors 68020

I'm in Heathrow Airport at the moment ( I emigrate in about 3 hrs, to LA ) - I hope to be at the Pasadena store for about 4 - 4.30pm :)

8. dannycer macrumors newbie

I'll give it a try anyway (on the way to work). Worse thing they can say is no, and if they do, I'll get in line at the Apple Store @ 3, instead of 4.

9. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

have a safe flight and wave to Concorde for me.

10. icanhasiphone? thread starter macrumors regular

Wowzers, I hope you're bringing a good book! lol

11. djellison macrumors 68020

:( I've flown out of Heathrow T1 twice this year already, and will do in about 2.5hrs - and I've looked really hard for G-BOAB, and couldn't see her. I'm not sure what BA have done with her. Rumours are she's going to be involved as a lawn-ornament for T5. She used to be parked up on an unused taxiway but certainly isn't out and about at the moment.

I visited the one at Brooklands a couple of years ago - they've done a lovely job with that airframe.

Personally, I think they should replace the vulgar Emirates A380 model on the main Heathrow Roundabout with G-BOAB, nose up like she did on take-off, drowining out the 6 O'Clock news for everyone in Hounslow, reminding them that humans can build awesome stuff from time to time :D

And you know what.... the iPad is about the only digital device that would have looked right sat in Concord's last interior outfitting.