What time are you headed to best buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gravytrain84, Mar 10, 2011.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I work nights so I'll be sleeping most of the day... I wonder what time I should set my alarm for and head to BB for a chance at getting an ipad? I dont live in a huge city, around 150k. :apple:

2. meder87 macrumors regular

Well if BB is your only option be prepared to wait and or get lucky. It seems from all the threads tonight that BB, Target, Wal Mart aren't really getting a huge shipment. If you really think about it, it makes sense. Apple wants to keep lines pretty big at their store. They're fine with selling it else where but they won't provide those stores with over whelming stock.

So to really answer your question I would say try to get there at 12 or 1.

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Damn... If I was off, I'd drive an hour to the nearest apple store.. Not an option tomorrow though. Hopefully I'll get lucky. :crossesfingers:

4. Meanee macrumors 6502a

About 3pm. Probably to NOHO Broadway store in New York City, I have a work related appointment nearby, and easy to get to Apple Store in case of a sellout.

Shooting for 32gb black.

5. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

At least people will not have to wait in line only to be disappointed.. They're only handing out vouchers for the # of ipads available.

6. tomandshell macrumors regular

There will still be people waiting for several hours before they give out the tickets just a half hour before the sale.

7. Bizzways macrumors member

Getting there at noon. If no one is in line, I will talk to employees about stock size. If it's adequate, and they don't suspect much action I'll come back at 3.

If for whatever reason I can't score at the BB, then I'm driving the 40 miles to the Apple store =)

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

Well, I was supposed to leave at 4:00pm, but my job needs me. So I can't leave there till 5:15-5:30pm. Wish me luck. I have two things going for me, I want 64gb 3G and I live in NYC where I know of at least 3 others to try if the two in Manhattan that I know of are sold out.

But I would assume those NYC best buys will be getting a lot. Of course, I've accepted the fact that I might not get one today :-(.

9. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I'm heading over at some point this afternoon to check lines and stock levels. If I'm confident I can get my iPad at BB I will, otherwise the Apple store is across the street, Target is next door and there are several ATT stores nearby.

I hope it's just easy to get one at BB.

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

It all depends on which model you are getting. If you want 16GB or 32GB from best buy, then may force be with you. You won't get one unless you wait for like 1-2 hours.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I get off of work @ noon today so I'll head over to BB then. Luckily it's only a 5-7 minute drive from my job.

12. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

13. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

It's snowing out, so I'll probably leave out around 3PM.

If I don't get it, I'll just put that $100 deposit down for one tomorrow.