What time are you 'nonreservationers' getting to the ATT/Apple store? Location?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macbookpro45, Jun 20, 2010.

1. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

I am one of the less fortunate so I will be going around ~2 a.m. I'll either be going montgomeryville or norritown, PA.

If you post location and time I can make a list on the front page of this thread.

Good luck to all

macbookpro34 ... montgomeryville/norritown

2. Gigzz macrumors regular

I cant wait to start watching news footage of random fat guys sitting in chairs outside of a store again. Haven't seen that since April. Whoooooo Go Apple Whoooooooo!

3. Loki666 macrumors member

I have a reservation but still thinking 4-5 am

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to be at my AT&T store at about 5 but I live in the burbs so I'm not expecting too long of a line

5. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hahahaha apple brings out the best.

6. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

How so? I thought burbs would have more lines...in my area there's one ATT store in a 10-12mi radius (estimate) and there's approximately ~20k people in the town. I'm expecting a huge line

7. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I'd think that most of the people that want it that bad to wait out before 5am would rather do it at an Apple store for the experience

8. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Going around 7 PM the previous day. My city has around 140,000 people. EDIT: AT&T store

9. stellablue96 macrumors member

I plan to get to my apple store at 6am. Most people have said that the Apple store in my area does not really get that busy until 7am. Hopefully that rings true for this year as well. I don't care if I have to wait a long time...I just want my phone!

10. chromey macrumors member

Getting there around 12a-1a. My town only has a population of 1.4mil, so.....

11. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Really? I wouldn't expect that large of a line. I'm in a ~20K town and other than the one within 10 mi, the next one is at least 40-60 mi away.

I plan on getting there at 5 AM.

12. pab277 macrumors regular

i live in a town of about 50,000 and will be going to my local at&t store around 4-5am. Although there is high demand for the phone, I don't expect a tremendous line because for the iPhone 3G launch, the line was only about 50 people long at the time the store actually opened.

13. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

What time did it start forming? And did most people show up a few minutes before launch?

14. pwb2103 macrumors member

I live in NYC and missed the 3g by two people two years ago when I had to wait in line at an ATT store. Gotta wait at an ATT store again this year (authorized user) so I'm just planning to go ridiculous early... I'll probably go there at midnight and if no one is there I'll grab some food and come back. If the line has already started then I'll get comfortable and start the wait.

15. macbookpro45 thread starter macrumors 6502

I spoke with an ATT employee today, and he said they have no idea of how many phones they'll be getting. Early rumors, within his 'employee network', had the phone supply to be in the high 60-80 range. He said the preordered phones will already be put aside so they won't be counted in the stock for the walk ins. I'll keep you guys posted, but as of now he said he won't know the exact number of phones until Wednesday when the shipment arrives. I was told last year, for the iphone 3GS launch, they served 90 customers and had a rough estimate of 100-120 people in line.

16. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

My friend and i will check around midnight, but i don't expect to gave to get in line until 4 or 5 am.

17. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I'm still up in the air about the time and place I'm going. I'm here in LA, so I have plenty of options. Probably go around 7ish.

18. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I plan on going to Walmart around 6AM. The store I'm looking at it is unsure whether they will sell them at 8AM or 9AM. Either way, the earlier I get there, the better the chance I have of getting the phone.

19. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I have a reservation and my friend doesn't... but we're both going up to the local Apple store around 5am. I hope he isn't going for nothing.

20. pab277 macrumors regular

Well I'm unsure as to when the store opened, but the first girl in line said she got there around 5:40am.

21. youssefm macrumors 6502

I live in NYC so I also have tons of options, and I'm avoiding the apple store at all costs. I have an AT&T store and a Radio Shack within 4 blocks of my apartment, so I'll go to AT&T at around 5 or 5:30am

22. pwb2103 macrumors member

Avoiding the apple store in NYC at all costs? The 5th Ave Apple store is essentially Apples flagship store. I would absolutely be going there if my girlfriend hadn't been turned away last year on launch day for being an authorized user instead the account primary (now, I'm trying the same thing again). I am pretty confident that they will have stock enough to cover the whole weekend there. I would LOOOVE to be able to go to an apple store, especially since when I missed getting a 3g 2 years ago after waiting at AT&T at 95th st and Broadway, I jumped on the subway, went straight to the Apple store, and got in line about 10 minutes before they opened the door... and still walked out with an iphone in under 2 hours.

so, after all that, even if you decide to wait somewhere else, if things don't work out I would still recommend trying your luck afterwards at 5th ave.

23. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I have a pre-order in at Best Buy. However, there is a AT&T store right across the parkway. I plan on getting into the town of 60,000 around 4 am. If there is no line yet I will be first and walk out around 7:15. Then I'll return to Best Buy later in the day to buy $50 worth of accessories and iTunes cash with the gift card.

If there is a line at AT&T by 4, I will just drive up to Best Buy and wait 6 hours for the one I have waiting there.

Blonde Buddhist

EDIT: This in Western Wisco