What time do you guys plan to camp out in front of Apple store on 21st

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sid-R, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Sid-R macrumors member

Sid-R

What time do you guys plan to camp out in front of Apple store on 21st.. never tried that but might try this year for experiencing it.

2. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Im glad to see that you guys are excited for the new phone, but this thread will attract the Fandroids like nothing else. I did the waiting in line thing once and it was fun and exciting, but now I just pre order at 3 am and have it shipped.

3. kazpod macrumors member

Whatever times people say, assume it will be an hour earlier!

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Why camp when you can order it and have it shipped?

5. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Isn't the point of the preorder so that you don't need to camp out?

My carrier will call me next week to confirm when they have stock, and then i will go in and get it.

Although I was number 6 in line today, of a few hundred that were lining up at my store... And my store was a small one in the area!

6. chembox macrumors 6502a

When I arrived at 6am for the iPhone 4 launch, the line was already at the entrance of the mall.

I'd suggest camping overnight starting at 1-3am the day of if you want a decent spot.

7. newskin macrumors 6502

I know it varies by loctation. How much stock of the 16 black you think they'll have say at providence ri? I think for the iPad 3 they only had like 15 of each model.

8. chyeahitscorey macrumors newbie

I got my 4s 16gb in providence the day after launch and they had plenty of them left, in both colors! I'm hoping it happens with this one too!

9. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

I haven't camped out for an iPhone since the original in 2007. I'll probably get there at 6am. Of course there will be a few fanatics in front of me, but I can nearly guaranteed I'll get one if I get there that early.

10. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

camping out causes people to get hysterical and think there's a phone shortage...I've always been able to walk up to an Apple store when I was ready to buy I'm sure there will be enough phones for everyone that wants one

11. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

The iPhone comes out on Friday. He's lining up on Monday. Lol

12. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

Very true. I just need to make sure I'm one of the first in line because Apple opens at 8 and I have work at 8:45. I hope they let people in on time!

13. petethepanda macrumors member

Don't know if I'm going to camp out this time. For my 4 I waited in line at the Oakbrook IL store for 8 1/2 hours (I think they let us start lining up at 5am since it was in a mall), but it seemed like they were going to have enough phones to get through the whole line and even simple walk-ins later on in the day. I'm honestly just tempted to do that this time around.

14. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Never. I have a life. I can live without a new device for a couple weeks. My 4S was good enough two weeks ago, it'll still be good a few more weeks from now, until supplies are in stock.

Seriously, do people have nothing better to do? It's just a phone people. No one is going to give a darn in 3 weeks that you were the first in line a had it a few weeks before everyone else.

(and for the record, I've owned a iPhone 3G, 4, 4S and and iPad 2 & 3, and I'll probably buy the iP5 so save your Fandroid/hater comments)

15. mlpsponzischeme macrumors regular

Ok. Does everyone realize they can't have sex with their iphone 5? Just want to make sure you're all aware.

16. rushluvr macrumors member

You wont need to camp out. This isnt going to be like the 4s launch at all. A few hours early should be fine.

17. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Well that does it, I'm canceling my preorder. At least my wife will be happier though.

18. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Would hate to do this, but for me, never! I'm getting mine delivered, give me a woohooooooo! lol

19. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Isn't that cutting it a little close? By the time you get in (asuming you are not number 1 line), make the purchase, get out, etc. You will be late... Very, very late.

20. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

I'm planning on getting there early enough so that I can be within the first 10 in line. My work is literally less than 5 minutes away. So I'll cut it pretty close, but I should be fine.

21. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

I got to my local mall (Menlo Park in Edison, NJ) at 5:30am for the iPhone 4 release and I was about the 250th person in line. I'm not sure if this release will be as hectic. Based on my experience, arriving at 6am is not a sure bet to be one of the first in line.

22. Hippyshakes macrumors member

Hippyshakes

Atlanta, Georgia - from San Francisco Cali
    Even if I wear a screen protector?

23. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

Waiting in line at 6am, the only thing I have better to do is sleep, which I can totally function with an hour less of come the 21st. I'm not trying to get this phone because of what other people think, I'm getting it because I'm excited myself.

If people want to get in line early while everyone is snoozing in bed, why the hell not? People line up for movie premiers and tons of other things. Bottom line is that if people are excited enough, they'll wait a few extra hours for the fun and hype of hanging with other iPhone fans and getting the phone early in the morning.

24. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint