What time in the day did your 5S/5C deliver?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethereal45, Oct 12, 2013.

1. ethereal45 macrumors regular

And did you have expedited shipping? My last one came really early but I don't know if that was by design or if I just got lucky with that day's route. I'm trying to figure out if I need to make other arrangements because I don't want it left outside my door.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

It didn't come, I went and picked it up at the UPS store.

3. businezguy macrumors 6502

I think you'll find the time of day your device gets delivered on really depends on your local route. It's not like Apple devices have some sort of special delivery times with UPS, FedEx, etc.

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Mine came late around 7 pm, but this means nothing as everyone's delivery time is different.

5. ethereal45 thread starter macrumors regular

I figured express shipping may have something to do with it. Normally UPS comes super late to my house, but all my Apple products have come before 9am.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I had standard shipping, but Apple upgraded it automatically to Expedited shipping. It came a little before noon at my UPS Store (where all my mail is sent, since I have box there).

7. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I think it was about 10:15 am EDT.

FEDEX delivered it with a delivery time of 8 pm, but when I got home from work, it was on the doorstep. I requested a delivery notification, so when I checked my email it said 10:31 am.

8. Lammercy macrumors regular

Sprint upgraded me to expedited shipping and it arrived 2 days later at 4PM, 10 minutes after I had left for an appointment! Had to wait to get back home before opening my baby!

9. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

So it got dropped off without a signature, huh.. Were you okay with that? I understand you can pre-sign for delivery online..

Although I live in a very nice neighborhood, I'd be skittish about leaving a new phone on my doorstep all day unattended.

10. chabig macrumors 68040

The more important question is, "did you see a double rainbow when your iPhone was delivered?"

11. Whtchdr macrumors member

Every delivery I get always comes at pretty much the same time. No matter what I've ordered. UPS always delivers late in the afternoon and FedEx always delivers at lunch time.

12. mugatu22 macrumors newbie

mugatu22

13. nickprete11 macrumors regular

8AM Friday morning on September 20th ;) I stood in line.

14. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Nope. If it is a residence, UPS can take up to and even later than 8pm to deliver. Express will maybe get it to your house a day early but it will be ruled by residential protocol unless it was sent over night express.:rolleyes:

15. scotrinaf macrumors 6502

Typically speaking, your home deliveries will all be delivered at similar times from one day to the next, the drivers run pre-planned routes and they don't alter them unless there are extenuating circumstances.

FedEx for me delivers early in the morning, UPS on the other hand delivers around 6pm.

If you are referring to Businesses, they also run on a pre-determined schedule, but if you requested FedEx overnight early AM or UPS Next Day Air (not saver), you may receive an earlier delivery.

16. Ann P macrumors 68020

Apparently my area is dead last on their route. The truck came by late, just before 9PM .

17. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I did a pre-delivery "Leave on the doorstep" notice online.

What's interesting to me was that it said delivery would be 8 pm. I left a notice on the website saying that if after 4 pm, delivery to doorstep is fine, but no one will be there to sign before 4 on 10/11. When I got home, it wasn't where I suggested they place it. It was on the ground in front of the step to the door level, and had been there since 10:30-10:45 am. I wasn't happy about it being out in the sun all day, but obviously I was happy to get the phone.