What time should I line up at the Apple Store for the iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone5s5c, Sep 10, 2013.

1. iPhone5s5c, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

iPhone5s5c macrumors member

I am going to go line up at my Apple Store for the iPhone 5S and wondered what time I should get in line. The store is in a mall and I need advice on when I should line up. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

If it's in a mall then mall security won't let you line up outside the store until it opens or until the line gets to big to control.

At least that's my experience. Good luck.

3. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

How does lining up at a mall work anyway? Do you line up outside the main entrance? Is it organized with official people?

4. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

lol, why :confused:

5. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Lines will be longer this year due to no pre-order.

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Proof their will be no preorder?

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Is only fun if u get to queue up right up front, so when the local press come to take pictures, you are right up there with the Apple logo. :)

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

9. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Well unless Apple announces something different, there is no preorder for the 5s

10. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I am going now to line up. Worried i will miss out:rolleyes:

11. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

12. iPhone5s5c thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure about that?

----------

That was what I was thinking also.

Do you think I will be able to get one if I get there at 4am?

13. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

OP = Paid apple shill to amp up false excitement.

We see you.

14. iPhone5s5c thread starter macrumors member

This is my first time to camp out and I am asking some questions. I am new to this. I am in no way trying to create false excitement.

15. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

I go about 3 am to a AT&T store and wind up about 10th in line never missed not getting a phone and I done it about 3 times. But with no pre-orders it could be a lot worse. Not sure I understand Apples thinking on no pre-orders as it just kills the retail stores with a really heavy load.

This year I'm going to pass for awhile

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Obviously it varies by location. And yes some malls treat Apple lines like the plague and try to eliminate them.

When the iPad 2 was scarce shortly after release they got orders every night and people were lining up every morning. I called the mall, asked where and when I could line up and did as instructed. Got there about 4am and was first. By the time doors opened at 8 there were about 25-30 people. We walk up in an orderly manner and get to the store and there are 5 people there in line. We're like WTF? "Oh we were at another entrance by the food court and I guess they opened our door first." Luckily I still got what I wanted.

17. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Well since you are new to this let me enlighten you. Nobody camps out anymore for apple gear. Those campers are paid to do that. Its fake. You have to be some real idiot to go camp outside a store for a phone. I GUARANTEE you on release day you can pick one up anywhere without waiting line. Don't be a fool.

18. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Uh. No. The iPhone 5 was sold out here for weeks after launch last year.

To the OP - For the iPhone 4, I showed up at 10 PM the night before and was 32nd in line. I also received one of the last two "walk-in" phones that Apple had. THere were literally thousands of people in line. It snaked the entire width of a mall hallway and down two and a half full length mall hallways by the time I left at 1 PM the next day. Yeah, it took that long to get through the store at line position 32.

Without pre-orders, I fear this year will be far worse. This is of course dependent on where you are. I am in central florida. There is one mall in the area that allows people to line up, the others do not. The ones that do not result in a mad trample-inducing dash to the door from across the street when the mall opens. I avoid those situations.

19. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

That's funny, I'm in Brevard Florida and I walked right into the ATT store on launch day and got my wife a black 64gb iphone 5. No waiting. So either you are full of it or you are full of it.

20. ceva321 macrumors 6502

ceva321

Totally agree. ...this is not 2008 Lol

21. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Thousands of people?

Yea, ok.

22. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Walked into AT&T store on launch day last year and got 2 32GB iPhone 5s (1 black/1 white). Absolutely no wait at all.

23. lazard macrumors 65816

you're not on line yet? you're late to the party bro.

24. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

And this is exactly what they want. They want news coverage of massive lines of people waiting for the latest Apple product. With preorders the past few years (as well as a much more competitive smartphone market), lines have not been what they once were.