What time should I try getting in line tomorrow (Monday)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CheekyElle, Sep 22, 2013.

1. CheekyElle macrumors newbie

Hi there all!

So, I stood in line on launch day and like most people really wanted a gold or silver phone but could only get a space gray one. The rest of my family got them and I really thought I would be okay with it as well, but I just like white better.

I wanted to try and go to the store and get in line to see if they get any gold or silver in their daily shipment, but was hoping to get some advice! :)

I am in Orange County, CA and in the saturday shipments for the Irvine Spectrum and Mission Viejo Mall, they both got gold and silver phones. I know this doesn't mean they will get any on Monday, but I thought I would try anyway.

Does anyone know if they get shipments right when they open or later in the day? I don't want to go line up as soon as they open just to be told they won't be there until like 3pm.

Also, although most mall Apple stores open at around 10am, what would be a good time to line up to get a white phone?

And just so nobody flames me... the phone I bought is still wrapped in the box and wrapped in plastic and I haven't used it so I am not trying to be shady.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. KaijuRed macrumors regular

i would wake up at 8 am and line up with every one else.

3. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I waited in line launch morning hoping to nab a 64gb silver AT&T at the apple store in Leawood KS. Got there at midnight and was #20 in line. By morning we had probably close to 200 in line. After a bit of confusion apple reps started worming the lines handing out cards for desired models. From the beginning they had just had a couple golds and silvers but plenty if space grey. Many people settled for space grey but I walked. Decided to give it a chance Saturday morning and arrived at 7:30 am for the stores 10 am opening. I was second in line and to my surprise I scored my 64gb silver att.

4. CheekyElle thread starter macrumors newbie

Is 8 am the standard time people are lining up for 10am stores? Wasn't too sure if malls will let you in that early hehe

5. KaijuRed macrumors regular

Friday is the launch date of the 5S. Most customers started lining up a whole day before the store opening hours. Hardcore Apple fans lined up 2 weeks in advance.

I say 8 am because some apple stores will receive shipment every day next week. Problem is they might not receive shipment until afternoon or night, it depends on FedEx. But knowing that it's a corporate shipment it's probably morning.

6. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

Well assuming they don't get shipments on Sunday, I think your best bet would be to try on Tuesday.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This is going to be up to the mall. I got to my mall today at 10:45 (they opened at 11) for different reasons, and there were maybe a dozen people waiting already (inside). I doubt the mall would have been open as early as 8am though....

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I lined up at 2AM at Irvine Spectrum and didn't get a gold phone and yesterday my daughter was working in the Mission Viejo mall and walked by the Apple store and saw the line outside and asked the girl with the iPhone tickets if she had any gold, she said yes and I rushed up there (I'm in San Clemente) and got the last Gold one they had. I asked the girl when they got the shipment and she said around noon. There were only like 7 people in line. If I was you I would go by there and see if you can get a handle on what time of day they get their shipments (I always find going there better than calling)

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I had a similar experience (you and I got lucky, frankly). But here's the deal. They can get shipments at any time of day. Literally. They are all going to tell you something different. Fact is, they don't know.

10. CheekyElle thread starter macrumors newbie

Geez :) phpmaven you scored! I guess I will just go and see what happens, it would stink if they didn't get any white iphones tomorrow lol

11. meatybonez macrumors newbie

Forget tomorrow go Tuesday. As a former employee, I know that whatever they receive during the day is inventoried and set for sale the next day. They don't even stock the shelves until closing. So they'd never get shipments on a Sunday and have phones available for Monday morning.

12. CheekyElle thread starter macrumors newbie

! That sucks! I spoke to a manager at one of the stores and he told me that when they did get the shipment, he could sell whatever he got that same day :( I feel lied to.

13. KaijuRed macrumors regular

If I were you, i'd take the word of a store manager than the internet.

14. BlackbookGuy macrumors regular

I cracked up a bit when I pictured you standing in line tomorrow all by yourself with schemey fingers after chasing everyone else with this story ;)

15. meatybonez macrumors newbie

I'd never wait in line...worked too many launches...I also have my own intranet in my head that has all rumors/news for me and the launch date for me is 1-3 business days Sept. 30th - Oct 2nd. -- ordering online is the way to go for me

They might have changed since last year, but they used to inventory and then make up all those cute cards after closing for the openers the next day...but they never had store pick up then....so they must be using that now to help people get the phones quicker, and cut down on the scalpers, and having to deal with a throng of people in the morning asking for all different models/capacities/colors

16. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

FYI,

I just spoke to the Mission Viejo store and they have silver and gold AT&T phones in stock.

17. silver8ack macrumors regular

I went to an ATT store that opened at 8 at 7:48 and was 11th in line on launch day. I'm sure that doesn't help u but I had a few glasses of wine so thats that.

Woot.