What time to go to Verizon store on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedman100, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

If I want to make sure I get an iPhone 5s on Friday, what time should I go to my Verizon store? It opens at 8 AM. Should I go at like 4 or 5 AM and wait outside, or is it fine to go later?

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Well, I live in Indy and we have one Apple store. I'm going there around 3 am and waiting personally.

3. Icculus macrumors 6502

I say that sounds like a good plan to avoid getting shutout.

Bring an iPad and watch Blackfish, incredible documentary. Yeah very off topic. :)

4. avanpelt macrumors 68020

I don't see how anyone can knowledgeably answer your question. There is a different dynamic this time around because Apple isn't doing online preorders of the 5s for delivery on the 20th. There's no doubt Apple wants long lines to drum up excitement and cause people to ask what people are waiting in line for.

Get there as early as you feel comfortable doing so. Last year, I got to a Verizon store between 6:00 and 6:30 AM and was number 7 or 8 in line. But that's when there were online preorders for the 5 that were being delivered on launch day.

5. Speedman100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Speedman100

And if it helps anyone with recommendations, I'll be in Ann Arbor, MI when I go to the Verizon store on Friday.

6. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Also this. I mean last year we had preorders. This year, obviously not. So i think while a lot of people are going to say screw it and order online on the 20th, there will be a lot of people who now camp out instead. So really....who knows?