What time you going to wait in line at AT&T store 7/11

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Since stores open at 8 am.
    What time are you guys going to meet in line?

(I am a future iPhone user :eek: (7/11) and I do not know how much hours people waited in line before the old 6 pm iPhone launch)

Any idea? :confused:

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I'll probably show up around 6:30-7 just to scope out my ATT store. If its not busy I'll go to the Starbucks next door until 8 :)

3. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I am going at 8:00AM. There will be plenty of stock to be had. Remember we on the boards are fanatics about the phone, I think that the public at large will be at work and will go after they get off.

4. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

How funny!? I was thinking of doing the same! Except that I am leaving my house at 5:45 am and waiting in line at 6 am, if no one there...STARBUCKS! until 7:30am :D:D

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Haha! :D So true! If everyone was as anxious as us we'd have some serious issues. I'm not going to take off work or anything, I'm hoping to get one before I have to be in (maybe a little late if I'm close to getting it) and if not run out at my lunch hour or something.

I'm useless right now. I do nothing but hit refresh on the forums. :D I don't know what I'm waiting for, all my questions are answered. Maybe for a "Free iPhone for ViViDboarder!" post. ;)

6. shecky Guest

shecky

7. Paix247 macrumors 6502

I'll go at 12am, and if there isn't a line, I'll go back around 6am. ;)

8. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I'm heading over to the local AT&T store around 8AM, and see if I can get one. If not, then I will head out to the Apple store after work - but it is an hour away...

9. brandonzar macrumors regular

I'm planning to go down around 7:00 a.m. there is an at&t store and a apple store in the same mall where I live so if one is really packed I'll just go to the other, I would bet they won't sell out but I called the at&t store and the guy there says they expect about twice as many people this year as they had last year based on the number of people asking about it.

I know what you mean, I can't seem to concentrate on anything right now. I wish Apple would release the App Store now so that I could have something to satisfy my jitters.

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yea, I don't even have an iPhone to mess around with the App Store if they released it, but at least I'd have more screenshots to look at. Haha

11. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I'll probably go at about 11:00am. Why? I'm pretty confident that stock won't be an issue. Given that the reports are that phones have to be activated before leaving the store, I want a bit of time for the morning crowd to die down but show up before those who might run out at lunch to pick one up. I realize this sounds like a very specific target and the plan may very well fail. If it does, I'll simply wait it out. I want one but my existing iPhone is just fine and I'm pretty close to being on the fence about the new one to begin with.

12. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I wish I had a 1Gen iPhone to play with while waiting in line... Instead I'll have my old iPod or I'll be talking to the NERDS waiting like me Haha

13. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Well......I have the 1st gen unit and love it. And I do intend to get the 3g version. And I would certainly like to get it on day 1. But I need to work, so i will not get to a store until prob 7 pm.

I can't imagine that it would be necessary to camp out over night for this phone. I got the first one day 1 no trouble.

14. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

im still trying to decide if i want to go early and try and get one at 8am or wait till mid morning. My only fear is that at that point i'll be up in a small town in PA and the att stores wont have much of a stock of them

15. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

I'm gonna drive by the AT&T Store at like Midnight see if there is a line if there is I'll stay but it there isnt a line then I'll probably go back at 7 am!

16. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

17. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I'll probably head over to my local AT&T store around 7:00AM and see how it's shaping up.

18. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Since I have a job at 7:30 a.m. that will probably go until 9/9:30 a.m. I'll go to the Apple store or AT&T store immediately after. I doubt they'll completely sell out by then and even if they do I'll pick one up the following Monday or Tuesday. I hate lines and refuse to stand and wait.

19. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Probably around 5am just cause. Plus there is a Starbucks and a great breakfast place in the same shopping plaza, so I'm covered. LOL :D

20. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I'll be heading over around 5 and if there's little to no line, I'll go to Starbucks next door for a little while. Otherwise, I'll get my Starbucks to go and get in line. I was originally planning on being there around 7, but the guys at the AT&T store told me they only had 35 phones last year and they sold out in the first hour they were open.

If for some reason 5 am is not early enough and I don't get one, I'll head down to the Apple store. It's only about 30 minutes away and they had stock through the weekend last year.

21. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Im getting to my local store at 2:30 pm. I gotta work.

If they run out of black 16Gs or only have white ones, I'll wait till they get another stock of black 16gs in.

Guess I'll be reading the reviews of the phone here on this site while Im at work. If I read if'fy..... I'm holdin' out.

22. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

5:30am

Ill be there 5:30 am but if noone in line Starbuck it is.

23. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am not sure yet, going to figure this out as we get closer. I have already called out of work for next Friday :D

I am going to get their early regardless, its just a question of how early. If I had to guess right now, I would say around 6am or so.

24. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

3AM for me..if no one is there, I will sit in my car and wait...