Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

str8bucs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
WV
I got a $50 gift card from Best Buy and I am wondering what are some good accessories to get for my 13" MBP

Thanks

loganck

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Austin, Texas
I also have a $50 gift card. Problem is, everything at Best Buy is cheaper on Amazon. I have Prime, so Amazon is much more convenient too.
I think I'll probably buy the Magic Mouse at BB. It would be cheaper on Amazon, but I want to use the gift card before I lose it.

pricej636

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2010
Florida
I got a $50 gift card from Best Buy and I am wondering what are some good accessories to get for my 13" MBP

Thanks

I just bought a neoprene sleeve for transporting my MBP and its nice. Its made by Incase and has a faux fur lining so it doesnt get scratched up. It ran me $40. Other than that I don't use anything else with my MBP.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
IMO, any Macbook Pro user can get great mileage with a laptop pad. These things get uncomfortably warm with extended use on your lap. Best Buy actually has a very good selection to choose from all within that price range.

str8bucs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
WV
Well I have the neoprene sleeve and I have been beating around the idea of the magic mouse, but i already have a BT mouse that works great.

I have the Speck SeeThru also!

2nd power supply maybe?

Thanks

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
It may not be as exciting as some other suggestions but a second power supply is a good option ($79). I keep one power supply routed up through my normal desk setup and keep another in a backpack for travel or use in another room when needed. It's actually a great convenience item.

Kingcodez

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2009
China
Why not just buy a $50+ item, walk out the door, turn around, and return it with the receipt in new, unopened packaging for cash?

Oops I forgot, I don't own a PS3.

agr5

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2009
I am going to be getting a $50 gift card as well (credit card rewards). I plan on buying a magic mouse for my new 13". I figure I'll get the magic mouse because chances are I won't be able to find that at much of a discount elsewhere and I like to use a mouse when I am at my desk. So yeah, my vote is a magic mouse.

chikit

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Apple Airport. You can stream music wireless around your house to your speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.