What to buy with a $50 Best Buy gift card

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by str8bucs, Apr 23, 2010.

1. str8bucs macrumors regular

I got a $50 gift card from Best Buy and I am wondering what are some good accessories to get for my 13" MBP

Thanks

2. loganck macrumors newbie

I also have a $50 gift card. Problem is, everything at Best Buy is cheaper on Amazon. I have Prime, so Amazon is much more convenient too.
    I think I'll probably buy the Magic Mouse at BB. It would be cheaper on Amazon, but I want to use the gift card before I lose it.

3. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I just bought a neoprene sleeve for transporting my MBP and its nice. Its made by Incase and has a faux fur lining so it doesnt get scratched up. It ran me $40. Other than that I don't use anything else with my MBP.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

IMO, any Macbook Pro user can get great mileage with a laptop pad. These things get uncomfortably warm with extended use on your lap. Best Buy actually has a very good selection to choose from all within that price range.

5. str8bucs thread starter macrumors regular

Well I have the neoprene sleeve and I have been beating around the idea of the magic mouse, but i already have a BT mouse that works great.

I have the Speck SeeThru also!

2nd power supply maybe?

Thanks

6. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

It may not be as exciting as some other suggestions but a second power supply is a good option ($79). I keep one power supply routed up through my normal desk setup and keep another in a backpack for travel or use in another room when needed. It's actually a great convenience item.

7. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Why not just buy a $50+ item, walk out the door, turn around, and return it with the receipt in new, unopened packaging for cash?

Oops I forgot, I don't own a PS3.

8. agr5 macrumors member

I am going to be getting a $50 gift card as well (credit card rewards). I plan on buying a magic mouse for my new 13". I figure I'll get the magic mouse because chances are I won't be able to find that at much of a discount elsewhere and I like to use a mouse when I am at my desk. So yeah, my vote is a magic mouse.

9. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

10. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Best buy also has some of the products by twelve south if you like any of those.

11. chikit macrumors newbie

Apple Airport. You can stream music wireless around your house to your speakers.

12. onedrunkduck macrumors newbie

I also used my gift card for magic mouse