What to do if Customer Service is of No Help??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HawkIIe, Aug 31, 2009.

1. HawkIIe macrumors newbie

OK, I have had lots of problems with my MacBookPro Purchase and apple is continuing to strike out. My first guess was to try the steve jobs email, but would love suggestions as all else has failed.

I ordered onlne a refurbished MacBookPro where applications crashed hourly. I took it to a city with an applestore who sent it on to apple repair. Apple Repair held it days without sorting it out. They held it till I called then said they called me/called the wrong number/ did not have my number. All three excuses within 10 min. 5 calls later, I am promised a new hard drive, but they sent it back to me, seemingly untoched. I open and right away I see that spotlight is not working and it crashes in Word & Firefox etc.

I am promised a replacement after >20 phone calls. But they don't return messages to send it. Then it doesn't get sent and MBPs go on backorder. Then they make me sign a release to get the replacement. (when you know then screwed up) After the delay for those to be processed, they send the computer to the wrong address. Then it goes back to China. Then they send one, a month after I took it to apple.

At each step, no one I spoke to could do anything. The guys shipping the computer could not be reached by phone, even by apple reps, and there was always a day and a half wait for a call to be returned. I could never get a "manager" or someone who could answer for all the mistakes made or explain why there was no rush to replace a bad computer on the second try. No one was empowered to do anything. The computers were in stores. I was told all kinds of mis-information, such as each computer was shipping from california, though tracking and the label said china.

This was a very saddening experience, with each of the 60 pages of phone/email logs. Would there be someone at apple to send a letter, or do you suggest this steve jobs address as the best bet?

2. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

This sounds scary. I am supposed to receive my refurb macbook pro tomorrow. Not looking forward to anything going wrong.:(

3. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

sjobs@apple.com

I know you're mad, but be polite, stern, and don't write anything long winded, just the basics.

Also, personally I would mention that you'd like to be compensated, otherwise it's just another "whine" e-mail with no conclusion/resolve.

4. HawkIIe thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing Was Done

I sent an email to sjobs and got a call. I explained apple's failures to an unsympathetic ear. She had no explanations for Apple failure to repair my computer or send out the replacement for weeks, except to say that maybe someone got fired.

Now they want me to spend more of my time compiling the emails that were not answered.

5. creon macrumors 6502

I wonder if the e-mail worked or they just happened to call you...

I sometimes wonder if that e-mail address is this working.

6. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

7. HawkIIe thread starter macrumors newbie

Email Works, Customer Service Doesn't

Apple has not tried to kiss and make up for dicking me around and not doing anything at each step, till I used hours and hours on the phone.

The email worked as I got a call quickly, but the fairly rude rep said thanks for info, but we can't do anything for you, not even start my warranty for when I actually got the replacement.