What to do if your upgrade schedule was messed up due to the late release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kayzle, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Kayzle macrumors member

So until now i had the perfect set up, my contract would expire every year right about the time that the newest iPhone would be released. I would go ahead and buy it and then sell my old one soon after. Now my contract isnt up until march of 2012, what would be your advice to someone who is in this position?

2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.5.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pixi/1.1)

patience

3. xMBPx macrumors regular

If that's the only thing in life you have to worry about, crack open a beer :D

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Well your contract has a contract expiration which means you can quit the company after 2 yrs.

You have a standard upgrade which means you can upgrade your device with contract renewal almost every 2 years right before the expiration of your contract.

Finally you have an "early uprade" if you have been with the same contract for 12 months. -this you gotta call in for.

So yeah, once the new one comes you should be eligible to upgrade if you have had the iPhone 4 since launch.

5. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

My advice would be to have a BBQ, invite some pals over, blow up some small explosives and have a wonderful day!

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's honestly not that big of a deal. You can still buy a new phone, albeit for a slightly higher price. I believe the early upgrade for the latest iPhones are $399/$499 (for 16GB/32GB). You can also sell your old iPhone and the costs won't be too bad. Otherwise, just wait. It's just a phone.

7. Kayzle thread starter macrumors member

Obv I'm not too broken up about this, I was just wondering what YOU would do

8. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Lol I caught on to that.

I would call the carrier and ask a customer service rep (just dial 611 and press 0) to tell you your exact upgrade options if it has been over a year you had the same contract. They can tell you best based on your account status.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

I would be screaming every day, downing lots of Prozac, drinking heavily, not bathing, and refreshing the Apple website every 30 seconds.
    /sarcasm

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Not sure what you're getting at. I'd upgrade anyway- had to when I got the 3GS. Paid $550 for that bad boy.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I would just wait it out. What's three extra months with a beauty of a phone like the iPhone 4?