What to do: Macbook Unibody 2.0 or 2.4 Need Your Opinions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Larrabee213, May 27, 2009.

1. Larrabee213 macrumors regular

OK, so I bought a 2.0ghz model unibody MacBook yesterday. Now I am concerned that Apple is going to upgrade the 2.0 and 2.4 specs after what happened with the White MacBooks. I already ordered 4GB of DDR3 ram (came today) and a 400Gb Hard Drive.

Also since I am a student, I can get the free iTouch which I would sell on eBay since I already have an iPhone.

Now my question is: Should I keep the 2.0ghz Unibody and add the 400Gb hard Drive and 4Gb of ram, or return the 2.0 and get the 2.4 (they said they won't charge me the restocking fee) and keep the 250gb drive that comes with it and sell the itouch to off set the cost. Also I would get the 2.4 for $1499 ($100 off) compared to the $1249.99 for the 2.0

Thanks!

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Personaly I am going to get the 2.4 macbook bt I am going to wait after WWDC. I know the .4 is minimal but i want the backlit keyboard.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You really should not ask the same question in multiple threads. As I said in the White MacBook announcement thread:

I would return the MacBook and wait a week. If a change is announced at WWDC, then you could get the new model and the iPod touch. If nothing new is announced, you could still get the old model and the touch.

4. Burning Radio macrumors regular

Same here. If there's no spec bump mentioned at WWDC, then I'll just go ahead and get it. But I might as well wait a week....it's killing me softly tho. lol. The money is there to buy it, I just have to wait. AAARRRGGHHH!!!

5. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Return and wait for WWDC, no lose if there is no changes. I was lucky when the new UMB came out I had just brought the black macbook, but I was within the return period. I was able to exchange without any problem. If you don't need the macbook just return. But if you do return get the 2.4.

6. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

FYI you have to pay for the iPod up front and then get the money back after mail-in rebate, incase you didn't know. You could probably use that cash for the time being and not worry with listing it on ebay...

7. firewater macrumors regular

Just keep it and enjoy it its not that big of deal if you ask me.

8. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

backlit keyboard is a huge option to consider...:)

but watchout :eek: it will eat your battery...

I need it, and could not get a mac without one.

CrackBookPro:cool:

9. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

I found that my Macbook has the same battery life with the keyboard backlit the whole time or not. I guess I got the lucky solar-powered one? :)

10. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Like the other guys here, I'm getting the 2.4 model. But after the WWDC.

11. Larrabee213 thread starter macrumors regular

I went back to the Apple store this morning to pick up the iTouch. They said that if something is announced on the 8th I can return it for the latest model. That really put me at ease.

Very cool of Apple to do that. So I will stick with the 2.0 for now and if something better comes out on Monday I will return it.