What to do to phone before selling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JPerez57, Jul 12, 2013.

1. JPerez57 macrumors newbie

Hey guys so i'm going to sell my iPhone 4 and have already reset it to factory.

However I read online that certain apps like Pandora stay registered to your iPhone even after a reset.

How do I unregister them and what other apps should I unregister from the phone before I sell it?

2. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Nahhhhhh

3. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

A few sites like Dropbox and Amazon may keep the phone in your list of devices under your account, but if the phone's been factory reset this doesn't actually mean anything. The new user would still be prompted to enter a username and password if they install those apps, they won't just log into your account.

You can go onto these sites and remove the devices from your accounts if you want but it doesn't really matter.

What does matter is that you log onto your Apple device management page and remove the device from your Apple ID. If you don't do that the phone might still get your iMessages. If you didn't have iMessages turned on this isn't an issue.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Give it a hug and some reassurance, it's hurt and confused about being given away.

5. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

Hard times...