what to do while at the office ?

BryanSeven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Im at work right now, and im really board sitting in my cubical.
i spend alot of my time at work on msn and browsing forums.
whats some fun things to do while in the cubical farm ?

any suggestions :) :cool:

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
At work, i'm usualy surfiing macrumors forum, newtribe.ca's forum or slashdot.

Also, i read ctrlaltdel-online.com comics or pennyarcade.

sometimes i also make darts out of pushpins and paper and throw them at my co-workers.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
edesignuk said:
Please, sensible answers only ;) :p
I know, I know, I'm gettin' all crazy on you...

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're trying to do is get a feeling for how people spend their time at work so if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
mactastic said:
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
If you do the bit where you just stare at your desk, it helps to make sure your computer screen is on...

*flashback of neo in the cubicle in the matrix*

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
hehe.. most of my week is walking around listening to music and saying im doing a lab experiment with the iPod. Works like a charm every time.

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
Ohhhh... another thing i do is make new tribal designs on my mousepad in different colour markers... I usualy cover it alteast once a week in new designs.

lol... at one point it was a compaq/aol mousepad :p

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I kick it on here...jam out on the iPod. Scope out some of my favorite sites, maybe read through some old Penny Arcade or Apple Geeks. Or look through some crazy stuff on Fazed. My PC at work has a DVD player in it so sometimes I will have a video going while I "work"

On rare occasions I actually work

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I'm an ALT (Assitant Language Teacher) and usually have nothing to do from about 12pm until when I can go home at 4pm. At some schools I can connect to the network, at others I can't, so I have a wireless internet setup that I use (wireless USB modem, so it's dial-up but at 128k.) Usually I'm still bored off my nuts, though.

Get MAME, that should keep you busy for a while.

What kind of work do people do where they can do nothing all day? Care to enlighten? :)

chanoc

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2003
Anchorage, Alaska USA
5300cs said:
...and get fired, if not arrested. What a great idea!
If possible, hell I know plenty of people who do this and never get fired - of course do not advertise it. You have to pretend to be "taking a dump". :rolleyes:

Question: Do they have cameras in the stalls?

Answer: No

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
shadowfax said:
kinda like looking at MR and having my boss look over my shoulder and see your icon. that's a great idea too ;)
Umm, uhhhh......................................

Jack232323

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2005
I JERK OFF EVERY DAY INSTEAD OF TAKING A COFFEE BREAK

chanoc said:
While bored at work try this: go to the bathroom, close the stall door and masturbate. ;)

I do that almost every day. I have a very sexy co-worker who frequently comes in to the office dressed in tight sweaters and leather skirts. The way she dresses really shows off her attributes and that gets my attention.

I'd ask her out but that just aint gonna happen since she's married AND MY BOSS! I'm certain if she knew that I jerked off thinking about her, she'd fire me.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Jack232323 said:
I do that almost every day. I have a very sexy co-worker who frequently comes in to the office dressed in tight sweaters and leather skirts. The way she dresses really shows off her attributes and that gets my attention.

I'd ask her out but that just aint gonna happen since she's married AND MY BOSS! I'm certain if she knew that I jerked off thinking about her, she'd fire me.
I sincerely hope you're joking. :rolleyes:

I try to avoid web sites like "bored.com" and such. In case the boss is actually monitoring what sites you go to, you're just asking for it. Then again, if the boss is monitoring what sites you go to, they could follow this URL and find out what you guys do (or don't do) at work!

Fortunately, I don't think my boss is that tech-savvy anyway, and all the others in the office are just as guilty, so no one's gonna volunteer to tell the boss about how to monitor us... :p