What to expect from the new iPhone 2012 - Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garrettstech, Feb 20, 2012.

1. garrettstech, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

garrettstech macrumors member

garrettstech

This is an open discussion where we can share and discuss our opinions and knowledge, concerned the new iPhone.

I ask only that people clealy state what's opinion and what's knowledge, that we don't forget to respect each other and don't get out of track.

I personally think that it will have a bigger screen(Hopefully 4 inches or bigger), a faster processor, and a better camera(like 16 mega pixels).
    .:D

I also know that there are a lot of threads about the iphone and what people think about it that are/will be on here so don't tell me in a reply below.

2. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

We already have a place for that. It's called MacRumors. It's a forum dedicated to topics like this.

3. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

one thing i think that is pretty much gonna happen is a complete redesign. i mean it has been 2years since the last one and now most phones on the market have a similar design. I really hope that it doesn't have tapered edges, find them irritating(harder to press buttons on the sides, also harder to grip.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Thanks for writing it all in bold so we know you mean business.

I expect a complete redesign.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

LOL! :D

I am really hoping for a redesign and a 4" screen. This is the reason why I skipped an iPhone release for the first time ever. I wanted to hold out for a re-design... Not that I find anything wrong with the iPhone 4 design, I love it but after 15 months I was ready for something new...... I definitely dont want them to go ridiculous with the screen size like some of those tablet sized Droid phones out right now... But I think 4" would be reasonable.

6. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

haha

7. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

I have inside info that the next iphone will come out in March 2013
    (and the JB for that will come in the fall of 2013, so don't get too excited just yet) ;)
    May get both the sgs3 & 4 before the next iphone :eek:

8. hakuna-matata, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

yo buddy! what planet do you live on btw???:D:D

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Well, as of right now, EVERYTHING is going to be opinion. IMO we don;t need a 1000th thread, with a slightly different title, on this same topic.

----------

Planet sarcasm, perhaps? :)

10. ah123 macrumors regular

My expectation is about four thousand new threads about what people's opinions on the new iPhone are :)

11. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I think you're a bit low on your estimate. I say 8,000.

12. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Not sarcasm, it's the truth, now go deal with it, u have all year ;)

13. roofz macrumors regular

I'll raise you 1,000 to make 9,000.

14. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I hope it has a larger screen. If it is 4"+ (Super AMOLED please!) I will switch.

15. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

U will switch, but to a SGS3 ;)

16. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I think we're gonna see a redesigned casing that will take numerous design cues from the iPad design and I hope we get a 4" screen. After using an iPhone 3GS (3.5" screen), HTC HD2 (4.3" screen), and currently an HTC Radar (3.8" screen) I've found that I would find a 4" screen to be ideal.

I would love to see a Super AMOLED screen on the next iPhone! Too bad Samsung won't be willing to sell that to Apple as it's the one advantage they have over the iPhone (the retina screen looks very crisp and all, but the colours are pretty washed out. I'd rather have the deeper colours of the Super AMOLED screen).

17. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Maybe if they do something about that plastic body. :(

18. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

i think it's worth the weight of phone by replacing metal with plastic, maybe a combination of both should do it right for me..

19. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

The partitioned plastic body is what really makes the Galaxy phones a no-buy for me.

The only thing close to an iPhone are the Nokia Lumia handsets.

20. Vesian macrumors member

Something i've always felt the iphone needed was a macro lens built right in. I know aftermarket ones are available, but one of the iphone's worst flaws is that you can't take a picture of a small object worth a damn. I tried to take a picture of something small the other day and it was a painful process.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

If Apple continues it's usual practice, the display will only get a minor upgrade to 4.0". While better than nothing, had they chosen 4.3 it would deliver the conventional 26:9 widescreen ratio. A size that's perfect for movies & video.

22. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Such an original thread, no one has EVER thought of making one like this! You sir are certainly an innovator.

23. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

Hear, hear!!:D

24. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

You're just used to having that heavy little brick in ur pocket.

You know what that means right, getting "used to" something?
    That means when u try something different, it feels weird, not natural.
    If u were "used to" an sgs2 in ur pocket, u would not like the heavy brick feeling of the iphone.

The good news is it only takes most people about a week to get "used to" their new phone. ;)

25. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I own an original Galaxy S phone....:rolleyes: Plastic feels cheap, whether it is lighter than metal or not. I don't like paying $200 for a plastic body like I had on my 6-year old Nokia.
    In fact, the only reason I got my specific Galaxy phone(the Captivate) is because it had an aluminum back plate. Had it been all plastic, I would have gotten an iPhone.