What to Grab At Best Buy For Day One Protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I was forced to reserve an iPhone 4 at Best Buy if I want it on June 24 (which I do). I'd like some sort of protection from the first day. Does anybody know what Best Buy will have available? I wouldn't mind a black or white (I'm undecided) Bumper if Best Buy has them on the first day. I plan on getting a Vaja case, but that will take at least a month for me to receive, so I might as well buy something from the first day the iPhone 4 is released.

2. budman1961 macrumors regular

They actually have a fairly good selection, regular sticky silicone to a rocketfish-branded TPU case for 15 bucks (i bought that one). They also have a good supply of Zagg film kits.

3. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

4. Fenir macrumors regular

Im not too sure on this, but i think the bumpers are going to be exclusive to apple stores. But I am considering one of them, i would like the green one but i would probably have to go to an apple store just to find one.

5. mcwbyu82 macrumors newbie

Best Buys apple section has gotten pretty big. I would guess they will ave the bumpers.

6. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I'm at BB now and just saw the Rocketfish cases for the Iphone. They don't look good to me. I think it would be a temporary case for those who really need one. I'm guessing they will sell cause of the limited selection to start. But I will pass and just wait.

7. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

My Best Buy blows and doesn't have ANYTHING iPhone 4 related out yet. You guys are lucky your Best Buy's are on the ball. I'd really like to have a case a day before my phone is delivered so I have something to put it in until my Wrapsol comes.

8. theturtle macrumors 6502a

wait, are you guys saying that some best buys actually have iphone 4 stuff in? it looks like im getting my phone tomorrow, i would like to get protection asap (or at least until my wrapsol comes)

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I just got back from one in the western 'burbs of Chicago. They had iFrogz (lean and regular models, all colors), the Rocketfish silicone sleeves (lots of colors), these really bizzare "jewel finish" sleeves in several colors (not my thing but I bet chicks will like 'em) and the Griffin Reveal. Not a bad selection really considering its BB. Also had a full line of Zagg plastic wrap/screen protectors.

I picked up the iFrogz lean in gunmetal and a Griffin Reveal. Will likely return one or the other.

10. bjamison01 macrumors newbie

Just called both Best Buys in my area (Sacramento)

Neither store would sell me a single case prior to thursday.

One store only had rocketfish branded IP4 cases instock.

The other claimed to have rocketfish, DLO, and Incase IP4 cases in stock, but again, would not sell until thursday.

None had the Griffin Reveal as of today.

11. mikee336 macrumors member

More than likely because the mobile manager is an idiot... try another local store or kindly point out the a document he may have laid eyes on specifically states to release them as they're received.

12. caranddriver macrumors regular

Why would it matter if the 3rd party accessories are sold early? That's lame. I may get something temporarily till I get my skins.

13. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Throwin mine in a micro fiber oakley sunglasses case until I can order a real case.

14. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I doubt they have Incase cases in stock cause there's nothing on their website.I could be wrong.

But the BB I went to had RF cases on the shelves ready to sell.

15. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

griffin reveal for the iPhone 4?

pics pls

16. mikee336 macrumors member

I picked one up today too. There are pics on the site and sense i don't have the phone to put it on yet I can't provide you with anything groundbreaking :p

17. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

well not pics of the case on the phone haha but at least a picture that proves you got it

18. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I haven't even removed it from the package yet, but here 'tis....

Attached Files:

19. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

thanks! im about to head out to check out what my best buy has now :)

20. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Ditto.

21. agoat macrumors regular

is this for iphone 4? doesn't look like it

22. mikee336 macrumors member

It is, see the odd camera cutout to include the flash? mine came in the same box...

23. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I'm gonna keep mine in my Oakley sunglasses pouch LOL

24. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Here's a shot of the iPhone 4 accessory display at the local BB by me.

You can also see a quick shot of a couple of the "jewel tone" cases they have.

And the two iFrogz cases I bought as well. The gray one is actually a slightly pearlescent gray "gunmetal" close up.

I should also mention that they have the Griffin Elan iPhone 4 wallet, you can see it in the upper right of the display picture. Not shown are all the Zagg invisible armor combo's (Screens, full body, etc.).

You may also get a kick out of the "4G" moniker on the packages. :D

Attached Files:

25. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

Dang.. Why does your best buy have cases already? and so many? my best buy doesnt even have many 3gs cases lol