Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Hi ALL!

In xcode, you are using "@2x" and "@2x~ipad" and ofc the name with that prefix thing..

BUT what shall you put at the end for iPhone5 images!???

Or do u even have to create another image with another size for iPhone5???

THANKS, I really appreciate help!

Best,

Nichlas

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
You don't have to. You can use PDFs that are vector based but the images can get really big. I prefer having different sizes for the devices I target. Naming scheme should help you know which device the image is for within seconds. If not, it's wrong.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
You don't have to. You can use PDFs that are vector based but the images can get really big. I prefer having different sizes for the devices I target. Naming scheme should help you know which device the image is for within seconds. If not, it's wrong.

BUUTTT, Xcode can see which image they have to assign...

Like:

I got two images: "image1" and "image1~ipad". Then xcode can see which image it will have to use, so i'm on an ipad, xcode will use the "image1~ipad".

Therefore I can't really understand why I can't find any prefix thing for iPhone5, which got another resolution compared to iPhone4....???

BUT THANKS!!!<3

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
BUUTTT, Xcode can see which image they have to assign...

Like:

I got two images: "image1" and "image1~ipad". Then xcode can see which image it will have to use, so i'm on an ipad, xcode will use the "image1~ipad".

Therefore I can't really understand why I can't find any prefix thing for iPhone5, which got another resolution compared to iPhone4....???

BUT THANKS!!!<3

Oh yea. My bad. @2x is for iPhone 5 too.

https://developer.appcelerator.com/question/146969/image-name-extension-for-iphone-5

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
UIImages...

----------

So, names to indicate that it's for iPhone5 is this:"(TheName)-568h@2x.png"?? Or is it just smarter to use @2x for iPhone5 too? What would u prefer xD?

Thanks!

Are these background images? If not, no need for "-568h". Unless the images are 568pts in height. Then it doesn't hurt.

nichlaspro

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Are these background images? If not, no need for "-568h". Unless the images are 568pts in height. Then it doesn't hurt.

OK, so I won't use that extension in this scenario...

Thanks for all once again!

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
OK, so I won't use that extension in this scenario...

Thanks for all once again!

Yup yup. You don't need the height but is helpful if you are making it the main view, ie the only thing the user is looking at. ~@2x gives the UIIamges for 4, 4s, 5, 5s, and 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.